PDA

View Full Version : I've started the induction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

piglet
Sat, Feb-02-02, 11:44
Today is day one on the induction diet for me. I got the book on Wednesday and then Thursday and Friday tried to watch what I ate . I just got back from the grocery store with my lc foods. I'm psyched and ready to shed all this fat!
I bought some Ken's Steak House Ceasar dressing. It said 0 Carbs. Is it ok to use this on the induction phase?
I got home and my husband said our son called and he and his wife are coming over this afternoon. He invited them to dinner so my first challenge is fixing a meal that I can eat too. I figure I'll fix some kind of chicken and a salad and then rice for them. I bought a cheese cake at the grocery for my husband. This is not such a temptation for me because I'm not a big fan of cheese cake. That takes care of the dessert for tonight. :daze:
Can I have pork rinds as a snack? What about the amount of swiss cheese that I eat? Any tips for making it through the first few days.
I have lost 5 pounds since last Saturday - now 162. I think most of that was lost because I had the flu type stuff that is going around here. Do I need to start my weight thing at the original 167 or at 162?
Thanks for any help.
Janet :wave:

cimart
Sat, Feb-02-02, 12:38
Hi piglet :wave: Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help here. You should also start a journal. If you list your daily menus people are very good about letting you know if you're eating the right foods.

Yes, you can eat pork rinds on induction. Be careful not to eat too much cheese. I think Atkins puts a 4oz a day limit now on ind. I use Ken's ceasar dressing too. I love it. I also use it to marinate steak and chicken wings Yum!!!

You know, you don't HAVE to cook rice for your company. Sometimes when I have company, I will serve several different veggies, and a Great salad with cheese, olives, bacon bits....
Most people never even miss the startchy sides! And then this way, you won't have to explain yourself when you don't eat the rice.

Good Luck!

cimart ;) ps let us know how it goes!

piglet
Sat, Feb-02-02, 22:44
Thanks for your suggestions. I did add olives and brocoli to the salad. I made a chicken dish from the lc recipes. It was a big success. I didn't have any problems not eating the rice. My biggest problem was with the rolls but I put them at the other end of the table from me. I've done pretty well today. I snacked this afternoon on pork skins and sugar free jello. I also had a couple of pieces of string cheese. I hope tomorrow goes as well.
:wave:
Janet

ruby
Sat, Feb-02-02, 23:00
Hi Piglet,
Welcome!
I'd start my weight at the highest number. It's just more motivating and who cares how it was lost, it's gone right! Congratulations on that little bonus!!!!!

Ruby :wave: :daze:

piglet
Sun, Feb-03-02, 07:16
Thanks Ruby. I left my starting weight and just set what I had lost before. I'm excited about day 2. :wave:
Janet

donnaj
Sun, Feb-03-02, 17:01
'Welcome Janet and congratulation. You will love it here. Everyone is an :angel: 's in disguise. I love to eat pork rinds with some melted peperoi cheese. It hit the spot late at night.
Look forward to knowing you on your journey to a healthier life.
Donna

piglet
Sun, Feb-03-02, 18:16
Thanks Donna. :roll:
Today has been a rough day. I've head a headache and nausea. It seems to be easing a big. There from about 9 until 2 I couldn't stand the thought of putting any type of food in my mouth. Water even made me more nauseated. After a brief nap I drank some green tea and then ate some cheese and sugar free jello. It got better and I ate my salad with some ham. Now just another salad and ham tonight I think. Anyway it seems to be easing a bit and I can least think about eating.
Janet :wave:

donnaj
Mon, Feb-04-02, 05:34
Janet, I am glad your headache is better. I had when I started my induction but I quit coffee. I only have one cup in the morning and the water all day until right before bed I have a cup of herbal tea. But you well find it gets easier every day. Some days I have trouble eating all my food but that is part of your body chemistry.
Well I better go, I have to get ready for doctor appointment. I have blood work done. So, I email this evening.
Donna :wave:

lauraW
Mon, Feb-04-02, 11:43
Hi Piglet..

Welcome to the forums. I am actually starting induction over today from day 1. This place is great for support.

I had tried a modified version of my own..and found that the carbs I ate, although they were healthy ones, actually MADE me sick..and I know that my body cannot handle the carbs..so here I am back at it..

Good luck to you..

Laura

donnaj
Mon, Feb-04-02, 13:51
Laura, I am also starting back on induction tomorrow. I added some more carbs and I just don't feel the same when on induction. So let me know how you are doing. Here is what I had so far today: Breakfast 1 cup of coffee and 2 sausages and 1 scrambled eggs.
Talk to you later :wave:

piglet
Mon, Feb-04-02, 16:58
Today was so much better! I did just fine at work and felt fine. I don't have quite as much energy but it isn't too bad. Hopefully the way I felt yesterday is over.
:wave:
Janet

msinned
Mon, Feb-04-02, 17:16
Hey there Piglet,
Glad to hear you are feeling better...the first week can be tough but...I think it indicates you are on the right track. I'm on week 4 and can now feel I moderate my energy levels with the right carbs at the right time. Helps fight off those lows.
Let's talk about exercise...try and sneak a few extra minutes a day in when your energy is at a good level.
My thinking is it helps deal with those few extra carbs that might be sneaking in...
Sounds like you are doing fine..however. Keep it up.

piglet
Mon, Feb-04-02, 18:35
Laura and Donna I hope your day went well today.
Dennis I have been thinking about my exercise and think I'll probably do 30 minutes on the Nordic Track tonight after I eat.
It's time to get back to the exercise routine.
Janet

donnaj
Mon, Feb-04-02, 19:52
Good evening to everyone,
Well today went well on induction. I have decided to stay with induction until half my weight is gone then try to add carbs. I also found out I just feel better. So, I am glad I have friends here to encourage me on. Thanks!!!!!
Yes, exercise does help with energy and the longer you'll on induction the energy return. I hope everyone has a good night and that the whoosh fairy will visit tonight to all of us.
Donna :wave:

piglet
Mon, Feb-04-02, 20:09
Donna glad your day went well. I just finished dinner. I ate 1 aabout 6oz patty that I grilled in an electric griller. 1 cup of salad and 1/2 cup turnip greens. It was nice to have a hot vegetable. I've been eating mostly cold food so this tasted really good. Filled me up, too. I fixed yellow rice for my husband so it wasn't like I had to cook 2 separate meals. I think he is beginning to think about doing this. It would sure make it easier.
:roll:
Janet

donnaj
Tue, Feb-05-02, 20:44
Janet,
It sound like you had a very tasty dinner. I had ground beef with olives, tomatoes, onions, and I topped it off with mexican cheese and sour cream. My mock taco salad.
My husband has been eating the same food that I fix except he still eat some sweets. But he is starting to find out that lo carb food is better for you. I hope your husband join you on your journey to health because having your husband behind you makes a big difference. Hope you have a great night and I will talk with you tomorrow. Good night and may the whoosh fairy visit you tonight. :wave: