PDA

View Full Version : Need to think about maintenance

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Demi
Sat, Feb-02-02, 11:00
I'm not too far off my target and know that I should start the pre-maintenance stage of Atkins. I did start increasing my carbs earlier this week, but ending up feeling lethargic and generally under the weather. Reduced my carbs yesterday and feel great again.

Obviously I can't tolerant too many carbs and I'm worried about upping them too much. Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can ease myself into pre-maintenance and then maintenance without losing my energy and general feeling of wellbeing?

Karen
Sat, Feb-02-02, 11:55
What kind of carbs did you eat to up your carbs for that time?

Karen

Demi
Sat, Feb-02-02, 12:44
Hi Karen,

Mostly I increased my veggie portions, but also added ryvitas and some low carb chocolate bars.

Karen
Sat, Feb-02-02, 13:11
Why don't you try it again without the Ryvita and chocolate? A little bit of sweet potato, winter squash, lentils, chickpeas etc. and see how you feel.

Karen

Demi
Sun, Feb-03-02, 04:22
Thanks Karen. I'll give it a go and see how I get on this week.