PDA

View Full Version : I'll be on CBC Radio One Tomorrow

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Karen
Fri, Feb-01-02, 21:51
If anyone is in listening range, I'll be a guest on North by Northwest tomorrow morning at 8:30 a.m. It's half an hour with call in questions.

The subject is food - what else? - and I'll try to squeeze low-carb propaganda into the interview. ;)

Karen

fern2340
Sat, Feb-02-02, 06:34
:( Never thought I would have to say that Pennsylvania is too far south!!! :)

Wish I could hear!

tamarian
Sat, Feb-02-02, 09:16
Originally posted by fern2340
:( Never thought I would have to say that Pennsylvania is too far south!!! :)

Wish I could hear!

You can! They audio broadcast on the internet as well:

http://www.cbc.ca/audio.html

Click on Vancouver BC,.

Wa'il

tamarian
Sat, Feb-02-02, 10:06
O.k., 1/2 hour warning :)

Welcome to the North by NorthWest Website

This week on the show:

We're cooking again this Saturday. Chef Karen Barnaby will be in studio between 8:15 and 9:00 to take your calls and questions about cooking....and to talk about creating tasty treats that look fancy but are so simple to make. The numbers to call on Saturday are 604-669-3733 or 1-800-825-5950.
http://vancouver.cbc.ca/nxnw/index.html

I'll be on the phone trying to get in and ask about low-carbing :)

Here's the audio link:

http://vancouver.cbc.ca/ram/r1van.ram

Wa'il

tamarian
Sat, Feb-02-02, 10:34
Yay! I got in, first caller!!!

Any onyone has a question on their mind?

I plan to ask Karen for comments on last broadcast where 3 dietitians said low-carbing is dangerous for your cholestrol, and if she has any comments on that? How does she maintain her LC WOE, any good recipes? Is the Fish House serving LC menus?

You have 5 minutes to suggest alternatives! :)

Wa'il

tamarian
Sat, Feb-02-02, 10:41
Yay, I did it!

And Karen plugged in our Website!!!

Wa'il

tamarian
Sat, Feb-02-02, 11:11
Well, it's over, anyone else got to hear it?

Karen, you did a great job :thup: I'd be nervious talking on the air, but I guess you're used to it :)

And thanks for plugging our web site, twice! :)

Wa'il

fern2340
Sat, Feb-02-02, 11:21
:( I missed it!
Wa'il-- didn't see your post until now! Next time I'll know I can listen online.

Sounds like you did GREAT Karen!

doreen T
Sat, Feb-02-02, 11:45
I installed the Real Audio Player before Karen's other interview last month so that I wouldn't miss IT, and nuked my 'puter :( .. I could only run in Safe Mode till I uninstalled the player, and even the uninstall reset the BIOS clock and calendar back to January 01, 1998. :bash:

However, they've already posted about the interview and Karen on the North by Northwest webpageGuest Chefs

North by Northwest is all about creative people and what they create - and food is one of the most imaginative things we can all turn our hands to. In celebration of inspired cooks all over the province, we've invited B.C. chefs to share their insights and Saturday mornings with us on a regular basis. Check out our Guest Chefs and their recipes!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out Karen's recipes for Tea-Scented Fresh Goat Cheese (http://vancouver.cbc.ca/nxnw/r_tea-scentedcheese.html) and Biscotti di Vino (http://vancouver.cbc.ca/nxnw/r_biscottidevino.html).

Karen Barnaby was our Guest Chef on Saturday, February 2nd. With Valentine's Day looming, Karen came into studio to give us some pointers on creating a treat for someone special.

Karen is the Executive Chef of the Fish House in Stanley Park. She started her career in her hometown of Ottawa, where she baked carrot cakes and quiches in a pint, four-burner electric stove in the basement of the Bohemian Restaurant. She then went on to work with David Wood in Toronto, and eventually moved to Vancouver. She has worked in many of the West Coast's top restaurants including the Raintree, Harvest Moon Café and North 49. Her cookbooks include "Screamingly Good Food", "Pacific Passions", "The Girls Who Dish", "The Girls Who Dish - Seconds Anyone", and her latest "The Girls Who Dish Inspirations", all published by Whitecap Books.

If you would like to win a copy of one of Karen's cookbooks, send in a story about the first time you made something special for someone you were trying to impress.

You can email your story here nxnw~cbc.ca or
fax it to 604-662-6025, or mail it to:
NXNW,
c/o CBC Radio,
Box 4600,
Vancouver B.C.,
V6B 4A2

Karen
Sat, Feb-02-02, 11:50
Thanks for calling in Wa'il, you sly dog! ;)

It gave me the opportunity to plug our favourite subject - low carb! - as well as the Fish House Dinners and of course, lowcarb.ca!

Karen

tamarian
Sat, Feb-02-02, 17:55
Originally posted by Karen
It gave me the opportunity to plug our favourite subject

That was the plan ;)

Wa'il

misselly
Sat, Feb-02-02, 19:09
I will do my best to catch it.....
Thanks for sharing

Karen
Sat, Feb-02-02, 22:00
Sorry Miss Elly! It was on this morning!

Karen

misselly
Sat, Feb-02-02, 22:41
i'm sorry i missed it.... let me know if you do something like this again....

Jo-Ann 2
Sun, Feb-03-02, 13:54
Can you get a transcript of this and post it? Would love to hear what you spoke about.
Jo-Ann. :wave: