PDA

View Full Version : Splenda

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ptrcmcc6
Sat, Feb-24-07, 15:09
I'm sure it's here on the forum somewhere but does anybody have the nutritional facts for Splenda. I threw my box out and I want to enter it into MY PLAN. I use the granulated splenda that comes in the box.

Thanx......and sorry if this is a repetitive question!!

Patty

Annie1gi
Sat, Feb-24-07, 15:25
I only have a large bag but here is what it says.

Nutritional Facts
Serving size 1 teaspoon (.05g)
Servings per container 550

Amount per serving
Total fat 0g 0% of daily Value
Sodium 0g 0% of daily Value
Total carb. Less than one gram 0% of daily Value
Protein 0g 0% of daily Value

Not a sugnificant source of calories from fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, dietary fiber, sugars, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, calcium and iron.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

I hope this helps, I have seen you around the forum...seems we follow each other around frequently.....

Have a good nite!
Annie

Rosebud
Sat, Feb-24-07, 18:32
Although it says "Less than one gram 0% of daily Value" for carbs, it does in fact have almost 1 carb per 2 teaspoons, something like 0.9something.
So most of us count it as 1 carb.

I would enter it as 0.5 carbs, 0 protein, zero fat and 2 calories per teaspoon. :)

Rosebud:rose:

Ptrcmcc6
Sat, Feb-24-07, 22:58
I have seen you around the forum...seems we follow each other around frequently.....

Have a good nite!
Annie

I pop around everywhere.....lol. Thanx to both of you. I've always heard it should be counted as 1g carbs. Hopefully it will allow me to put that in. Sometimes when I customize a food directly from the box, it'll tell me the calories are off or something.

Again.....thanx alot!!

Patty

Ptrcmcc6
Sat, Feb-24-07, 22:59
Rosebud: So 2 teaspoons = 1g carbs?

Ptrcmcc6
Sat, Feb-24-07, 23:05
Thank you.......that worked!!

Rosebud
Sat, Feb-24-07, 23:10
I guess you don't need my answer now. :D I'm glad it worked!

Roz

mrking
Mon, Apr-23-07, 09:36
Just wondering...

Since Splenda is a staple to low carb sweet goodies, why isn't it in the list by default for both packets and the spoon variety?

TimesTwo
Mon, Apr-23-07, 13:27
What they list on the bag isn't accurate. They conveniently round figures down, since the amount in one teaspoon is considered negligible. They certainly add up though!

Granular:
1 tsp has 2 calories and .5 g carbs.
1 cup has 96 calories and 24 g carbs.

Canister (same formulation as the packets, just in bulk):
1 packet has 4 calories and .9 g carbs.

Here's the website: http://www.splendafoodservice.com/faqs/index.jhtml?id=splendafoodservice/faqs/faqs.inc#3