PDA

View Full Version : [SS] Hello everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SummerGirl
Thu, Jan-31-02, 17:51
Hello!! I'm new to this forum.......I am 7 weeks pregnant and today was my first day of ss'ing. I am of course not wanting to lose weight but would like a healthy gain not a HUGE one.

Are there any other pregnant somersizers out there??

I'm looking forward to posting and learning ALOT more about this program.

sanzal
Tue, Feb-12-02, 17:44
Hi there, My only word of advice would be to check with your doctor about eating a low-carb diet during pregnancy. A growing baby needs many nutrients that are only found in fruits and vegetables including grains. Suzanne Somers' diet does include these but I think you will find that you're eating many more protiens than carbs. The health of your baby is more important than a huge weight loss/gain during pregnancy.

LCer in NW
Tue, Feb-12-02, 18:10
welcome sanzal.

Thanks for the advice. A doctor that knows the ins and outs of LCing is a definite benefit, but being monitored by any competent doctor is a must.
I'd sure be interested if there is a good LC approach to pregnancy.

lowco
Sun, Feb-17-02, 11:45
try www.suzannesomers.com.......the forums are filled with ssers of all types.great info and experience from pregnant ssers

this is a wonderful plan for pregnancy, with the sole purpose of nutriton instead of weightloss.

dcnf
Wed, Apr-10-02, 16:59
Bets of luck with your pregnancy....I have been married for a few years and my husband and I are thinking of starting our family soon...so every time I see or hear of a pregnant woman I get so happy for them!...How is it going so far...7 weeks...have you been sick at all?.....sorry for prying...I have a million questions about pregnancy...that I won't bother you with...

All the best!