PDA

View Full Version : Hubby caved...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CindyF
Wed, Jan-30-02, 22:18
Well, my hubby caved in and said he can't handle this WOL. He's going back to lowfat, highcarb YUCK.

Even though he said he strongly supports me on this WOL and is not trying suggest I quit, I'm very depressed about the whole thing. It was easier when we were both working together.

But...I've still lost 10 pounds and only have 2 days left of induction. I figure this is where the rubber hits the road, and I am committed to this since it has been so successful for me and I feel so good since starting this.

Just wanted you guys to know I may be leaning even more heavily on you for support!!!

vbrowne
Thu, Jan-31-02, 08:14
Don't give up on this WOL - you've lost 10 lbs., which is great - and you must feel really good. If hubby wants to go back to low fat - let him - you stay with what works. I have been on so many "diets" and I couldn't stick to any. This WOL - not "diet" is working so well for me I have no desire to change. I've lost 10 lbs. and my clothes fit better, I feel and look better. You'll get lots of support here - don't cave!

Erin4980
Thu, Jan-31-02, 08:27
I have lived with my boyfriend for almost three years now so for two of them I ate what he ate, when he ate, and how much he ate. Since I started this WOL all that has changed. In the beginning it was ruff because say I was eating one of my five meals of the day, he felt like I had left him out or couldn't wait for him. Now he's just used to it and thinks I'm wierd. I try to make hime what he likes and then food for me. Like everything, it takes time to figure out a easy ruitine (I'm sure you already know that:) ). In the beginning I found so much support in this site, from nagging about him, to pressure from his mom (she lost 40lbs two years ago on this WOL), to slowing weightloss. So all I can say is if you need support you'll get it here.

Good Luck and Good Job so Far,
Erin

The only problem I have that I can't seem to get over is that my boyfriend (and soon to be finance..heehee; we're moving to Memphis in June) eats late at night. I'm constantly foaming at the mouth watching him eat a pizza or popcorm before he goes to bed and it drives me crazy. Buy the way, he's 6'3" and weighs 175...I guess it's all in the genes...lol...ahhh.