PDA

View Full Version : What my motivators are.........

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lucy F
Tue, Feb-06-07, 12:24
So I put on my jeans that I called skinny jeans (motivator #1) and they buttoned and zipped up. YAY! Albeit, I have a bit of a "muffin top". Now I need to go to motivator #2 - I bought..... oh yes I did..... a bikini that was on clearance at Target. I will now start doing what I see in magazines for diet pills. I will start taking my picture in the bikini at monthly intervals (front and back). These will NOT, I repeat NOT be in my gallery. :Puke:

I am going to DisneyWorld in June and want sooooo badly to look cute in my swimsuit when we go to the waterpark. I want DH to have that cocky look on his face as if to say "Yes, that hottie is with me." I also want my upper thighs to take a permanent vacation from each other. (I've been jogging to expedite that).

And so I continue on........................

What motivates you?

hulagrrl
Tue, Feb-06-07, 19:36
hahaha!! i like that one about your thighs taking a permanent vacation from each other! =) can't wait til mine do.

craney
Wed, Feb-07-07, 19:39
Not looking sooo fat in my pictures motivates me. I don't think about my weight that much until I see a picture and then I think, boy, I'm huge!!! I guess a picture is worth a thousand words.

jjj
Mon, Feb-19-07, 08:02
Clothes :) The funny thing is that I really don't like shopping (it wears me out in a big way and I HATE trying things on!) but every 'cute' thing that I see is meant for skinny people. I want to have some cute clothes... and I have some of my older clothes that I'd love to fit into again.

I FEEL better!!!!! I discovered Yoga and it is making me feel younger and healthier. It's not all about weight anymore. I'm in no hurry. I am starting to care more and more about myself as far as my health... I'm also in Tae Kwon Do and I now identify myself with these traits and look forward to improving myself through these mindful skills. :) I guess that I'm finding myself :)

missyp
Fri, Mar-23-07, 06:37
for me it's being able to wear the clothes I want, being able to have bare arms in summer and not be self consicous, maybe wearing a skirt above the knee without feeling self conscious not having a couple of tummies when I sit down, seeing my waist again, and feeling attractive again I feel quite fumpy and under confident at this weight.

I have 35 pounds to get rid of and have lost four in half a week so am definitely sticking to this.

bmore4now
Fri, Mar-23-07, 07:08
My motivation ---

Not waking up bloated and tired.
Wearing smaller clothes
Buy something too small and 3 weeks later wearing it!!

I'm happier! Have a good weekend all!

3shewolf8
Thu, Mar-29-07, 17:15
My 25th class reunion is this August. I am already smaller than I ever was in High School. I am going to be there with my new body, new attitude, and a huge smile. I will be popular.

bmore4now
Thu, Mar-29-07, 18:51
3she,

Congradulations to you, you've done very well and I can't wait to get where you are. 13 lbs to go!!! Yippee!!