PDA

View Full Version : concern

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cyndi
Wed, Jan-30-02, 15:35
Hi, I started the Atkins diet on 1-26-02, I went into ketosis on day 2 of the diet and have stayed in the two darker areas since that time, I've also lost around 8 pounds since the 26th, I was just wondering if anyone else experienced rapid shedding of pounds and if the ketone test is normal for this diet, or should I be eatting more carbs?

Cyndi

Snoopy
Wed, Jan-30-02, 18:59
Hi, I've been on Atkins seven or eight weeks, & lost 8 lbs the first week, 4 the second, 3 the third, 3 the fourth, then settled down to about 2 lbs a week. Part of it ( the first week) was water loss, I believe, though I drank lots of water (over 80 oz./day that first week), then later on, I got a little less careful about measuring my salads, & I'm sure some 'hidden' carbs snuck in as time went by (I know now, that I can't snack on 'spicy' pork rinds all day, just to occupy my bored mouth. 2 lbs a week 'feels' right to me. Hope this helps.

cyndi
Wed, Jan-30-02, 19:33
Thanks for replying, I was just concerned that maybe I wasn't doing enough or something. My cousin who started this diet back in late August - early September lost 77 pounds in three months.
So it really does work :) Thanks again.