PDA

View Full Version : Drinks?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

RedRoses72
Tue, Jan-29-02, 18:18
I normally drink diet cordial, diet soft drink (usually Diet Coke or Pepsi Max) and water. Will I still be able to drink these once I start Atkins?

Also, what about alcohol? I'm a vodka drinker...will I have to give this up?

Wendy :daze:

Rosebud
Tue, Jan-29-02, 20:24
Hello again, Wendy.
Once you finish the Atkins book, you'll find most of this has been spelled out for you.
Meanwhile, FYI:

Diet drinks are forbidden/discouraged if they contain aspartame (Nutrasweet or Equal)

Golden Circle soft drinks have Splenda (the only one that Dr Atkins recommends) but they contain from 1.9 tp 3.4 g carbs per can. (See my thread "Golden Circle diet drinks" a bit further down)

He discusses alcohol, too. Some types of alcohol contain zero carbs but the body prefers to use the calories from alcohol before using calories from food. For that reason, Dr A bans alcohol during Induction.

It's not all bad, once Induction is over you can have the odd glass
of vodka etc.

Cheers.

:rose:Rosebud:rose: