PDA

View Full Version : What Can I Eat For Breakfast??!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

thatgirl
Mon, Jan-28-02, 22:27
Hi,

Okay, I'm really having a difficult time with breakfast. I've never been an egg eater, and I don't eat pork, so what does that leave me with? I can't stomach eating a salad for breakfast if I have to eat one or two later, too, and have very limited time in the morning to eat (which is why cereal is perfect).

I'm still in the induction phase, and so far I've been eating beef sausages links (too many, if you ask me) and cheese, and various other small things. This is NOT a good way for me to start my morning. My perfect breakfast is a small bowl of high fibre cereal with skim milk, a glass of orange juice, a multi-vitamin and a calcium pill.

Seeing as according to fitday.com I'm not getting enough carbs throughout the day (I've been getting maybe 11-14g of carbs daily), would it be feasible to continue with my high fibre cereal in a small amount, using soy milk (2.2g carbs/cup...would only use enough to wet cereal, not full cup), and obviously skip out on the orange juice? I really can't think of any alternative.

I really need a normal breakfast!

Thanks.

Katerpilla
Tue, Jan-29-02, 06:56
Hiya

Breakfast is always a difficult one - I was like you and having the same problem. I then made some breakfast muffins and they have been perfect. :D

YOu are not really supposed to eat this on induction ;) but I could find no other practical solution to the breakfast problem. It has not affected my weightloss. I still have lost 10 pounds so far!!

Now I bake a batch of cheese and bacon & blueberry muffins (using soy flour, almond flour, soy protein isolate poweder) and freeze them, nuke them in the morning and at only 2 carb per muffin, they are not too carb costly.

Thanks
Jennifer :roll:

Natrushka
Tue, Jan-29-02, 07:25
Breakfast can be anything - think of your meals as interchangeable. I like chicken wings - makes me feel decadent ;) I will usually make extra portions at dinner or lunch and keep things on hand - chicken with some havarti melted on top is delicious.

There are lots of protein shakes out there that you could look into. When you're done with induction plain whole milk yoghurt with active cultures is an option (yoghurt has 12g of carbs per cup but with at least 2 active cultures it ends up having less than 4g per cup - the bacteria eats the milk sugars - it has to be plain yoghurt though) you can throw in some berries - you end up with your fiber and your carbs a bit higher.

Think outside the box - anything you can have as a snack, or for lunch you can eat for breakfast.

Nat

Gilta
Tue, Jan-29-02, 07:29
You have to watch some of those breakfast sausages as they do have sugar in them. I found that the ones I had been eating had 2 carbs per link, even though fitday said lower.

I have pepperoni and cheese, left over meat from dinner the night before or eggs.

Good luck...

Gilta

odinisgod
Tue, Jan-29-02, 10:30
It didn't take long for me to get sick of eggs and bacon on this diet. What I do in the morning if I find that I can't stomach two over easy, I just have leftover dinner. Variety is the key. Try not to eat the same thing two days in a row. Breakfast is important, don't cheat yourself.

Ryan44221
Tue, Jan-29-02, 10:58
Ill chime in on this one...

Breakfast has always been very tough for me as well, i wont eat bacon or sausage, i cant seem to ever find any thats not cured with sugar...so whats that leave...eggs?? well eggs get old after a while...so i started mixing it up! Now ill eat lunch foods at breakfast, breakfast food at dinner, yesterday i ate chicken wings for breakfast...haha...ive been known to make some bizzare omeletes as well, with cream cheese and asparagus, left over sirloin and pepperoni....and it always turns out great

I guess my point is just be creative! :daze:

Mike
Fri, Feb-01-02, 21:24
Try smoked salmon or lox and a slice of cream cheese. It's pretty filling and breaks up the monotony of eggs all the time. It's just missing the bagel... :)

The other thing that sounds great that I saw on a forum here is a recipe for hash browns made with diakon radishes... sounds weird, but everyone has been raving about them. People have also been making them with bunch radishes, turnips, or rudabegas...

Good luck,

Mike