PDA

View Full Version : Limit of carbs..too low?? I know

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

smiley
Mon, Jan-28-02, 09:23
If I don't manage to get at least 20 gr of carbs per day, I can feel it . My mind will say sure excercise and my bod says no I am way too tired!!!
:wave:Smiley

MiriamJ
Thu, Sep-04-03, 19:16
how many carbs could i have a day and still lose weight? I'm just a little confused

serrelind
Thu, Sep-04-03, 19:35
*scratch head*

LadyBelle
Thu, Sep-04-03, 20:33
Smiley - are you still in the first two weeks on induction? I am redoing induction and I have the same problem as most of my carbs come from veggies. The high fiber count pushes down the net carbs. If you are past the first two weeks, then start adding back in more veggies, fruits, dairy and so on.

how many carbs could i have a day and still lose weight? I'm just a little confused

For the first two weeks stick to 20. This is to get your body started using fat not gluclose and help get over cravings. After induction you move into OWL. The purpose of OWL is to slowly add back in carbs so you can find out how many carbs you can eat and still lose weight. It is a completely personal thing. For some they can never get much above 20, others can go well over 100. Things that can increase the amount of carbs you can tolerate include weight lifting to use the gluclose and drive up lean weight.

That is why OWL is so important and people shouldn't stay on induction until they reach goal. By the time you reach premaintanance you should know how many carbs and of what type you can personally handle, that way you have no problem maintaining.