PDA

View Full Version : Parties ETC...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

PhilB
Sun, Jan-27-02, 19:49
Hi, im new and I have a question.

At parties people do the usual, lots of drugs and alcohol.

I know on my plan (Dr Bernstein, which im surprised that there arent more people on it cause ive been on it for a week and ive lost more then 10lbs but anyway) that were not allowed any alcohol. but what about some weed, would that affect anything at all or maybe shrooms?

I know thats probably a really stupid question, but I guess you gotta ask someone.

Erin4980
Sun, Jan-27-02, 21:49
First, what is Dr. Bernstein? I want the scoop on it.

Anyway, I don't think that smoking pot has carbs, very highly unlikely. However, I'm not sure that's a good idea for two reasons (well, besides the reason that it's an illegal drug): 1. munchies, munchies, munchies and 2. Some drugs that are depressants, slow your system down (ie weight loss). For example, I was on pain killers for my back and it slowed down my metabolism (and other bodily function...ewww). For the shrooms...they probably have carbs just like normal mushrooms, but mushrooms are a pretty low-carb item.

However, some low-carb diet plan don't shunn alcohol. I drink all the time, with no problems...and so do many others. Try a search about it, you'll see the ups and downs about it. I would definitely suggest the alcohol over the other items :eek:

Erin

PhilB
Mon, Jan-28-02, 06:19
The program limits you to 800 calories a day, 2 servings of protein(7oz), 2 servings of bread(very small),2 servings of vegetables (16 oz) and 2 servings of fruit. You think you would get hungry, so on monday,wednesday and friday you have to go in for a B12 injection that along with a vitamin supplements keeps the hunger away. Ive lost more then 10lbs in less than a week, its a great program. Its all medically supervised, you get an introduction at the start, a recipe book, a complete list of what you can and what you cant eat.

moonmist
Wed, Feb-06-02, 20:55
lol thats all just way too complicated for me.

StarOrchid
Thu, Feb-07-02, 16:40
why would you have to get an injection of B12? Why don't you just get Vitamin B suppliments? I use the liquid form (hold a dropper full under tongue for 30 seconds... goes directly into blood stream)

Erin4980
Thu, Feb-07-02, 18:00
I wonder if that's the diet that Gery Halloway (you know the old ginger spice) did, b/c, have you guys seen her?, she is crzy skinny and in an interview, she said she got injection and was limiting her cals like crazy.

Erin