PDA

View Full Version : Finished Induction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Marg
Sun, Jan-27-02, 16:02
Well finally finished Induction today :) and admit I was very nervous getting on my scales but I have lost 6lbs and 5.5cm all over I admit I should be exercising so this morning I have started walking so hopefully that will help. I bought some ketosis sticks and when i used them they only slightly changed colour so I think I may have to pretty much stay around the 20g of carb a day is this correct? but I would love to be able to have more vegies that is what I miss most in this diet...........I know I should start a Journal, but am rather shy about posting each day how did some of you feel about posting your Journals? would love to know.

Marg.....

Natrushka
Sun, Jan-27-02, 16:09
Marg, WTG on those 6 lbs!

Showing trace or small on those stix is just fine - a darker colour is not an indication of greater fat burning, more likely it is an indication of dehydration. If you're drinking your required 2 liters a day (or more) you'll tend to show only light / small traces (light pink colour). I drink about 6 litres a day and never get above trace - yet I am still losing fat.

As for the journal, I was quite hesitant at first - but I am very glad I got past that. My Journal has helped me in my LC Journey. When the fat loss slowed down I was able to go back and see what I had changed. It's also a good way to keep track of trends - when you lose your weight each week, what foods tend to trigger carb cravings, etc. And of course, its a great way for you to receive support and advice from other members. Remember, your journal can be anything you want it to be.

I hope to read more,
Nat

Rosebud
Sun, Jan-27-02, 18:05
Congratulations on the 6 lbs!!!! :cheer:
You've started brilliantly, keep up the good work!
I would pretty much follow what Dr A says. Don't worry too much about the Ketostix - if you're losing weight, that's what is important. If your weight loss slows dramatically on 25 carbs, go back to 20. It's that easy.
As for the journal, I think we were all a bit leery about that. I know I was. It helps to read lots of other peoples' and then have a go. There's no right way or wrong way. Doreen has posted a notice, something like "Read this before posting" at the top of each journal page and that gives helpful info.
All the best, Marg. :bhug:

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

K-Louise
Sun, Jan-27-02, 18:51
Good job on getting through Induction.

Question? are you subtracting your fibre from veggies you eat? 20g of digestible carbs (i.e. the ones your body uses) is a lot of veggies you can have. I'm at around 6 serves a day (5 cups) and my digestigble carbs are still around 17g. You can subtract the grams of fibre as your body does not ingest those carbs.

Having a journal has been a godsend to me. Don't be shy!

Cheers
Kim

Reymi_VZ
Mon, Jan-28-02, 01:00
Grats Marg!

That is a great start!

I too am just off induction, and it is so nice to taste strawberries and the like again.

I am so pleased it is going so well for you.

As others have said, journals are great. The advice you get is always so helpful, and if you have a stall, you can jsut say - please read my journal and tell me what you think etc. Super really!

Marg
Mon, Jan-28-02, 18:45
Thanks girls for all your suport, and Kim I never gave the fibre count on vegis a thought will do so from now on. Now off to start my journal........ :)