PDA

View Full Version : new to board,,,not low carb

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

earngal
Sun, Nov-26-06, 20:48
HI everyone!

My name is Julie,28, and I am a low carb veteran. I am also a nurse,a mom, and living with PCOS. I am very overweight, and gained 100 pounds since i was diagnosed 5 years ago. I have been on and off atkins for so many years. But this time i am on my way for good due to the fact that my PCOS symptoms have been terrible over the last 3 years. Since I had my daughter 2 years ago my hormones are all out of whack to say the least.......I went on BC pills and got pregnant...LOL. I actually lost 35 pounds when i was pregnant and felt great.
Anyways...just wanted to introduce myself. I found this site yesterday. I am a caring, supportive person and am very knowledgable about PCOS. I educated myself because even doctors really dont have a clue sometimes or dont care. So if there is anyone out there who needs a friend for low carb or PCOS I am here for anyone :) :)

mlk18sHuny
Fri, Dec-01-06, 09:48
Welcome to the forum Julie! I have been trying to lose weight with Atkins and met (on it for PCOS), but have been having a tough time. Anywho, didn't mean to go on about me, just wanted to welcome you! :)

ysabella
Tue, Dec-05-06, 18:03
Heh. I had a son in April, and while so many women feel awful when pregnant, I felt great. I think the hormone stuff that takes over during pregnancy is much easier to take than the messy hormones we PCOS gals have normally. It's a cockammamie theory of mine, but it kinda makes sense on the surface!