PDA

View Full Version : A stick of butter?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Marg
Fri, Jan-25-02, 01:34
Could someone please tell me the weight of a 'stick of butter' please? also which is the lowest carb count Darrel Lea low carb chocolate or Cadbury Lite? Good carbing............

K-Louise
Fri, Jan-25-02, 02:34
Hi Marg

In the US butter is usually sold in one pound package, separated into 4 "sticks" each of which is 1/4 pound. This equates to around 115 grams.

Cadbury lite has more carb, both on the label, and when run through the hidden carbs calculator. When put through the calculator Cadbury has around 30 carbs, and darrell lea around 28 per 100g.

Hope this helps
Kim

Marg
Fri, Jan-25-02, 14:47
Thanks Kim, Looks like chocolate is out ...........

LucyCL
Sat, Jan-26-02, 14:27
In my need for something sweet - I have been into 2 Darrel Lea shops recently and neither stocked lowcarb sweets :( Oh well, guess I will have to go without. I was just interested in trying them.

Lucy

K-Louise
Sat, Jan-26-02, 16:26
That's strange Lucy, it is standard stock for them. Are you asking for sugar-free? They have SF chocolate covered nuts, as well as 50g bars, hard and soft candy.

Kim

LucyCL
Sun, Jan-27-02, 02:25
Kim - Maybe I went wrong by asking for low carb sweets not sugar free. I'll try again

Thanks, Lucy

Cali
Tue, Jan-29-02, 20:33
The DL bars I find quite unlike chocolate and unpleasant witha high laxative effect. The nicest ones are available from the following link: www.pictureofhealth.com.au - more expensive but lower carb than any of the others,