PDA

View Full Version : Diet CaffineFree Coke?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Pixie
Thu, Jan-24-02, 12:15
Can I drink this from day one on Dr A or at all? I know that it has some artifical sweetners in im sure, but my friend has my book for the weekend and i really want to get stocked up and ready for Monday.

Thanks

Emma

agonycat
Thu, Jan-24-02, 12:40
I believe in Dr Atkin's new book he talks about zero Aspartame. Diet coke uses this sweetener.

Remember that drinking sodas, tea, coffee whatever does not replace in anyway the amount of water you need to consume.

64 oz plus 8 oz for every 25 pounds you want to lose.

happy124
Thu, Jan-24-02, 12:42
If you can do without I wouldnt try it. Drink water it is much better for you. I have been without pop or anything for 3 weeks. I sure if I started to drink it again it would taste sweet. I am trying to get rid of all processed foods and stick with natural. Good luck! :D

Pixie
Thu, Jan-24-02, 12:42
Thanks for the advise , i drink so much water anyway i could burst, so i thought about having diet c-free coke as a treat every so often as i dont drink tea or coffee so it would be a change.

Do you know of any soda that are availible in the UK that i can drink?

Thanks again

Emma

:wave:

agonycat
Thu, Jan-24-02, 15:18
Do you have diet RC?

That is sweetened with splenda. Or maybe the diet rite line of sodas as well.

Pixie
Fri, Jan-25-02, 10:32
I dont think that I can get those ever here, but thanks anyway.

Emma

Ryan44221
Fri, Jan-25-02, 13:16
Aspartame is a very evil substance, i did a bit of research on aspartame, and it seems that is causes cancer (what doesnt?) in lab rats in extremely low doses, I steer completly clear of aspartame at all costs. As another poster stated, Dr. Atkins, as well as many others, believe that aspartame inhibits ketosis. So as far as the induction period goes, id advise to stay away :-)