PDA

View Full Version : Mint

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Maureen R
Thu, Jan-24-02, 04:22
Can anyone recommend any mints or breath fresheners that are ok to take - I'm used to having my chewing gum throughout the day - any suggestions?

odd sock
Mon, Jan-28-02, 17:02
In one of the other posts, someone pointed out this website:

Low Carb Megastore - UK
http://www.lowcarbchocolate.co.uk/

i noticed they had several types of mints
hope this helps
;)

Maureen R
Tue, Jan-29-02, 06:53
Thanks odd sock for your response - it all looks pretty good to me. However being the sceptic that I am can anyone recommend any of the products on there?

Andy Davies
Fri, Feb-01-02, 20:30
Hi Maureen,

I suppose from the carb content, polos would be reasonably harmless, if you are one of these people who can have one now and again, and make a packet last a day or more. It wouldn't work for me, I have to finish a packet quickly, and end up chain-eating the things.

The danger is that all sweet things are addictive. I haven't tried the products on the site mentioned above, but whatever they use is just as likely to be addictive (or have some other disadvantage) as sugar. Check out this article:

http://www.lowcarb.ca/tips/tips006.html

It might be better altogether to try and cultivate a new habit. One such might be to take a glass of water, every time you would previously have started another piece of chewing gum. This is something you will have to spend time working out.

If the desire to have something freshening in the mouth is overwhelming, why not give these products atry? Then you could report back with your findings...

Andy

Karen
Fri, Feb-01-02, 21:08
I occasionally chew on whole spices: cinnamon sticks, fennel seeds, cardamom, star anise, cloves, etc.

They make a great alternative to candies, sugar-free or not.

Karen