PDA

View Full Version : Here since the 19th century? Where have I been?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CHuntress
Tue, Jan-22-02, 12:55
Auto generated link to page (Please do not remove): http://www.lowcarb.ca/corpulence/index.html

How remarkable that this low carb information has been available since the mid nineteenth century! Where have I been? I am so grateful for the information, for being turned on to this little book and for all of you who are taking advantage of this website.

spongebutt
Sat, Mar-22-03, 19:09
You know, I had no idea low-carb existed until my in-laws told me about it. (And just for the record, I've lost more than they have!!!! haha)

I think that nobody knew because the low-fat Nazi's were all over the place, stating how good their diet is and how bad everything else is.

Maybe that's why we've never heard of it. Til now. :)

dfletcher
Sat, Mar-22-03, 19:27
Hey spongebutt, time to change your name!

I think it is because if everyone started to use Atkins, and becasem healthier and lost weight, all the other diet gurus and organizations would go out of business.

I finally got the books today, and told my son (13) he had to read it. He does not have to do the diet, but he has to read it. If I had had the information when I was his age, my life would have been much different, and I want him to have the tools.

spongebutt
Sun, Mar-23-03, 00:01
Hey dfletcher!

Yeah, I need to change it, huh?
Don't think I can do that, though. :(

Maybe I can change it to the incredible shrinking woman.