PDA

View Full Version : Ketochips?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Janice
Sat, Jan-19-02, 09:04
I have seen advertisments for a tortilla chip called "Ketochips". Has anyone tried these? More important, has anyone seen them for sale in Canada? If so, where? Thanks!

Janice

Karen
Sun, Jan-20-02, 01:57
Can't help you, but maybe Judi in the Low Carb Co-op can!

Karen

allisonm
Sun, Jan-27-02, 17:15
I buy these rather often. I have only tried the plain corn flavor. I think the flavor is quite decent - nice and corny. They are also beautifully crisp. The one drawback to these things is that they have the feel of sawdust between your teeth. It can be pretty unnerving. You'll get your fiber for the day if you eat them.

I'm pretty picky but keep going back to them despite the nails-on-the-blackboard sensation they give me. They really do taste good. And a bit of guacamole or salsa helps lubricate their grittiness.

Hope this helps.

Allison

IslandGirl
Mon, Jan-28-02, 01:34
I've got some of these products just recently, personally, for a taste test (and haven't really had the time yet to do that), as I'm considering having some Keto products in on the LowCarb FoodExperts Canada webpage (click on the logo below my signature if you want to have a look at the webpage).

Matter of fact, I did post a query somewhere about interest by Canadians in specific Keto products. I keep a special eye out on the Keto product reviews, Janice. You might want to have a look out for those, especially the Product Reviews threads that are "sticky" so they stay at the top of this forum right here! At any moment, someone could be posting about specific products, like those chips, anywhere here. Have you done a search?

Hope that helps you out some.

Meanwhile, if anybody reading these posts wants to see specific products available in Canada or wants to make a group-case purchase, please do let me know (can always reach me in the LowCarb Co-op forum) and I'll see what I can do!

allisonm
Tue, Feb-12-02, 00:24
I've now had the four-cheese pizza flavor. They have lots of orange stuff on them and are reminiscent of Doritos, though they are not as tangy. They do not taste like pizza. They taste like cheese-flavored chips.

All that cheese flavoring seems to abate the grittiness of the plain chips. I wasn't as conscious of the creepy, sandy feeling on my teeth as I am with the plain ones.

I'll go back to the plain corn variety. I seem to be hooked on them. These have too much cheese powder on them for my taste.

Allison