PDA

View Full Version : a constipation question: can't find answer

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mcavana
Sat, Jan-19-02, 07:21
on 5th day of my diet. things are going good. the headache is starting to fade. here is the question: I have defecated very little since the start, but I feel fine. my stomach does not hurt, and it is not like I feel the urge to go and get no results. No stomach ache, and no urge to go... Am I constipated? if yes, what is the EASIEST way to fix?

thanks once again for your time.

:wave:

Still not weighed myself but I know it is coming off!! My belt is already one whole smaller!!!!!!!!!!!

Janice
Sat, Jan-19-02, 07:42
We had a discussion on this just a couple days ago. Scroll down in Newbies Questions to a post I started, "About the C word". And you will get some good info. I started taking magnesium and well, holy crap! It works very well! Good luck!

Janice

CarrieAnn8
Sat, Jan-19-02, 07:45
First off make sure you are drinking enough water.

64oz + 8oz for every 25 lbs you have to lose

Second, in the atkins book he recommends taking psyllium husks for roughage. I also take flax seed oil suppliments to help that.

Hope this helps.

Carrie-Ann

numberonewendy
Sat, Jan-19-02, 08:16
When I had this problem way back when. I upped my veggie intake, since I am not a lover of many veggies. I eat alot of salads. Yes, water is a good one too :D