PDA

View Full Version : LoL Stupid Question..

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SlimShAdY
Sat, Jan-19-02, 05:13
Ok, for us carbs are bad ect..And we can't have rice..

But Howcome alot of chinease ppl eat alot of rice and they're really skinny? ...Like Anyone ever notice that?..lol

Im not saying ALL or anyting..so no offense if anyones chinease on here

I dunno..just irritates me! :daze:

snkhoward
Sat, Jan-19-02, 09:02
I think they are thin for several reasons, first being genetics and second being that they eat a lot of rice because it is filling and grows well in their country, but just because they are thin does not make them healthy. They fill up on rice because often they have little else. That is why their food is rice with a little veggies and a little meat. Our fast food type of Chineese food is very unrealistic to the way they actually eat in China.One of our servings of "chineese food" would feed several of them in the way they tradtionally eat.JMHO

agonycat
Sat, Jan-19-02, 09:17
If you actually look deeper into their diet, you will find it consisting mostly of fowl, fish, veggies and rice. They hardly eat red meats.

LC Sponge
Sat, Jan-19-02, 09:38
They don't eat a lot of refined sugars either. And they never "supersize" anything - they are modest eaters.

I don't think people are necessarily born carb sensitive - I believe that many suffer from so many years of abusing their bodies that things eventually start to backfire.

Cultures that never get into the fast-food, junk food, stuff yourself till you can't get up syndrome probably are not as inclined to reach that point of abuse, and therefore can have starchy foods in moderation.