PDA

View Full Version : One week down and a question about SF Jello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Joanna
Thu, Jan-17-02, 17:21
One week of Induction and I'm down five pounds!! Whoopee! Amazing! It's strengthened my resolve -- I must say I was feeling pretty unmotivated last night. Had one of those days when I seem to be hungry all day. I stuck to protein (except for a handgul of Macadamia nuts later on), but nothing seemed to satisfy. Oh well, I guess those days happen every now and then.

My question is this: Where does one find sugar-free Jello? And is is sweetened with Aspartame? I couldn't find it at my local Co-op last night.

Thanks!

Joanna

agonycat
Thu, Jan-17-02, 17:52
Normally it is located with the other jello products, or may be with the diabetic stuff.

Yes it is sweetened with aspartame. :(

shae
Fri, Jan-18-02, 15:34
I live in Edmonton & I buy s.f. jello powder ~ Safeways, Iga, Savon. It's located with the other jello powders & says light on the package. Kraft also makes a sugar free jello in a 4 pack & that usually located by the cheeses( it's already made so it's in the cooler) This is only available in strawberry & it also has a "light" label on it. :D

shae
Fri, Jan-18-02, 15:45
I live in Edmonton & I buy s.f. jello powder ~ Safeways, Iga, Savon. It's located with the other jello powders & says light on the package. Kraft also makes a sugar free jello in a 4 pack & that usually located by the cheeses( it's already made so it's in the cooler) This is only available in strawberry & it also has a "light" label on it. :D

Joanna
Fri, Jan-18-02, 16:26
I just don't know about the aspartame. I really don't think that stuff is good for you.

Joanna

Deirdre
Fri, Jan-18-02, 22:52
I don't have a problem with aspartame, but if you want to avoid it Hunt's Juicy Jels, pre-made jelly cups, are made with Splenda and are usually with the other pudding cups. Also Jolly Rancher has sugar free ones made with Splenda, they are in the refrigerated section.

Kathy_C
Sat, Jan-19-02, 16:09
When i think of low-carbs, Jello definetly is not one of the snacks that comes to mind. But after reading about it, i found out it's ok to have Jello :) it's great!! I just bought my first pack today .. and it's delicious.

Reymi_VZ
Sat, Jan-19-02, 22:17
I really felt like jello (we call it jelly) after reading a few posts. I wanted it there and then!!!! Well of course that wasnt going to happen. :D

I have made a stack of small jelly cups, with three different flavours in them, and had them at the back of my fridge for when I got an attack of the sweet-tooth.

So much for my grandplan. My exchange student came home on Friday afternoon with a bunch of her girlfriends and they ate the ones left in the fridge.

At least I know I haven't lost my jelly cooking skills. I am actually looking forward to coming off induction so I can put a little fruit in them.

:daizy: