PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Cableguy
Thu, Jan-17-02, 12:58
Sorry if this post is in the wrong spot!! :D

Well day 6 on my second try on induction, man do I feel like I am top of the world. I woke up with such vim and vigor I thought I was going to tear my doorknob off of the door. I even woke up with a smile and have kept it on so far all day.

I sure wish I had a scale handy. Probably should get one next payday. That way I could update my profile. I know I have lost weight. The jeans tell me so.

I didn't know if this diet would work for me or not. But now I know that there is no other way for me. So far all of my friends have been supportive. Especially the one who eats McDonalds and drinks Coke all day, and hovers around 160 lbs all the time. Jerk!! :D I just look at a coke and can hear myself getting fatter.

Many thanks to all of you people for the informitive posts. Usually every question I had has already been answered. Although no offense to anyone, people looking for carb subsitutes for their favorite carb heavy food should try to not even think about them. YOU DONT NEED THEM!! Just my two cents. :)

Bye for now!!

:wave:

Marlaine
Thu, Jan-17-02, 16:53
:cheer: :cheer:

It's wonderful to hear that you are getting the BEST benefit of LCing.....the increased energy and sense of well being. I think a big part of it is finally feeling in control of food! Congrats on doing so well!

I'd like to suggest that you start yourself a journal and then you don't have to worry about where to put a post. In addition to that it will give the rest of us a place to come visit you with words of encouragement and inspiration. AND...you can ask your questions there and have the answers readily at hand. Hope you'll consider it!

All of the best.
Marlaine

mavric
Thu, Jan-17-02, 17:30
I'm on your wavelength cableguy. I'm feeling good and hopefully in a few months, looking good. The test will be when I start back at work and the stress kicks in. But at the start of day 10, so far so good. :wave:

Karen
Thu, Jan-17-02, 19:58
Although no offense to anyone, people looking for carb subsitutes for their favorite carb heavy food should try to not even think about them. YOU DONT NEED THEM!! Just my two cents.

That's music to my ears Cableguy!

I'm always thrilled when someone else says this instead of me! ;)

Karen

gwilson38
Fri, Jan-18-02, 14:19
Thats so cool cableguy, I can almost here the happiness in your voice. Just remember when U see your friend chowing down on McDonalds, that altho he may be thin....how is his arteries? LOL