PDA

View Full Version : Not losing any more weight

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

keinabn
Wed, Jan-16-02, 13:06
:cry: I don't know what's wrong with me. Last week I lost 7 lbs and since then I haven't even shed a pound.

I know you are suppose to be patient and don't do this for a quick fix but I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong.

Lately since school has started back and I'm still working, I've been eating fast food. alot of cheeseburgers with out the bun.

Could that be the problem? I really need to know b/c I really want my weight lose to be a smooth one.

Also I have been eating my own home made fried chicken w/ out flour.

And would should I do to correct this problem?

Could it be the cheese? And yes I have been drinking my water and eating my salad.

Please Help!! :tears:

DivaDani
Wed, Jan-16-02, 13:36
Was last week your first week? If so, don't get too upset. You generally lose a lot of water weight when you first change your carb intake. As for what you're eating, why don't you post a few sample menus in your journal (I'm sorry, I haven't yet looked to see if you've started one) so folks can look at them and give you feedback? You could also try logging some of your meals into www.fitday.com to see if the carb count is really what you "thought" you ate.

Natrushka
Wed, Jan-16-02, 13:59
keinabn, it's normal for the fat loss to slow down after the initial loss. It is only possible for women to lose 2 lbs of fat a week (3 lbs for men) Of the 7lbs you lost in the first week, most would have been water - some fat. Now your body is adjusting to this new weight. Fat cells hate to shrink - they need to be coerced. Drinking water is how we get them to let go of the water they are holding onto in place of the fat. You've probably lost fat this week - but the water is masking this on the scales. Keep doing what you're doing and be sure you're getting the veggies and water in every day and one morning you'll wake up to experience a whoooooosh.

I would also suggest taking some measurements - often those scales will not budge, but you've lost inches. Both inches and the scale are how we measure fat loss - and inches lost is a much more accurate method - scales can lie to you (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25651) .

Nat

gwilson38
Wed, Jan-16-02, 14:12
U asked about fast food burgers...They can contain a lot of fillers and hidden carbs in them. Your body does need time to adjust so be patient.