PDA

View Full Version : New Low Carb Book - The X Factor

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Demi
Wed, Jan-16-02, 12:14
A new low carb book has just been published in the UK - The X Factor by Leslie Kenton.

What is a little different about this, is that Leslie Kenton has been well-known for a very long time for her books on vegtarianism, raw food and power juicing. A one time editor of Harpers & Queens, she seems to have done a sudden about turn.

The book is selling like hot cakes in the UK and people are beginning to sit up and take notice. My copy arrived today (courtesy of Amazon) and although I haven't even read it properly yet, it looks extremely good. She fully explains about Syndrome X (insulin resistance syndrome), how the low carb diet works, the long-term plan and has written a very good question and answer section. She describes her version of the low carb woe as a paleolithic diet rich in non-starchy vegetables and plant nutrients, top quality proteins and omega 3 fats.

I will be sitting down to read it thoroughly and will report back on its contents.

In the meantime, for anyone in the UK, she is going to be on Radio 5 on 24 January between 10pm and 11pm, and also on Gloria Hunniford's Open House on Channel 5 TV on 30 January between 1.30 and 3.30pm - should be interesting to hear her views and the response she gets.

Demi

tamarian
Wed, Jan-16-02, 13:35
Originally posted by Demi
I will be sitting down to read it thoroughly and will report back on its contents.

That's great Demi, looking forward to reading your review :thup:

Wa'il

Doodle
Sat, Jan-19-02, 03:23
I just got it too, and at first glance, it looks really good.
Doods. (more info to follow!... gotta read it)

Demi
Sun, Jan-20-02, 11:03
Hi everyone :wave:

Have just posted about this on the UK forum. The main reason for this is that it is an English low carb book (and we don't have many!), which is great for all of us over here who can't get the same ingredients etc that are available in the US or Canada.

Having said that, if you can get your hands on a copy, it does makes a great read - very clear and concise and full of information, which would be applicable whatever low carb woe you are following.

Hope you'll have a peek!

Demi

allisonm
Wed, Jan-23-02, 13:48
Thanks Demi! I'm always looking for a substantive book to read. I hope it'll be advertised here. I've decided that I should start buying books and products from the links here - I think they probably support the site.

Allison

tamarian
Wed, Jan-23-02, 13:56
Originally posted by allisonm
I hope it'll be advertised here.

It will, as soon as it becomes available. Currently it's only released in the U.K. market, I think.

I've decided that I should start buying books and products from the links here - I think they probably support the site.

They do, and thanks for your support :)

Wa'il