PDA

View Full Version : Bread Machine Mixes?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

easygreen
Tue, Jan-15-02, 23:43
Hi,

Before going out and buying several bread machine mixes to try, I thought I'd ask for anyone else's experience. Which mixes are good. Which are bad?

There is a web site, can't think of the URL, where a guy reviews various lowcarb products. I don't think he's found a bad one yet. He raved about a couple of the protein bars that I couldn't eat one bite of. I'm thinking he's not very objective. He likes all the LC bread mixes.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Mark

IslandGirl
Wed, Jan-16-02, 12:31
Have you checked the Product Review "threads" right here at the top of this Forum yet?

One is for people's reviews of a variety of products (and bread mixes are always of interest) and one is for other LC Product Review site links (there are 3 of them in there). Should be a wealth of opinions in there for you to look at.

I myself have tried the Carbolite bread mix and think it's quite acceptable if a little chewy, but after looking at the price and the Ingredient List, I figure my bread machine can make it quite a bit cheaper...

LCnursie
Thu, Feb-14-02, 01:35
I tried the Keto brand pumpernikel mix and it was bad. I smothered it in melting butter and it still was bad. I guess if I get desperate, on a deserted island I'd like a box or two...otherwise try another brand. I didn't like it. :mad:

bvtaylor
Tue, Aug-26-03, 18:36
CarbSense Harvest Wheat Bread - yummy and zero carbs.

alaskaman
Tue, Aug-26-03, 22:00
I tried one of the atkins mixes, the sourdough - don't have a bread machine, did it the alternate hand kneaded way, and it turned out really beautiful, smelled wonderful, and the taste was not half bad either, esp with lots of butter. It was hellaciously expensive, though, and I haven't done it again - seems like I do better with stuff that is what it is, like vegetables, rather than something pretending to be what it is not. If the wine snobs can talk about "pretentious" wines or "amusing" vintages, I can have "sincere" food, right? Bill

argo2d
Mon, Sep-08-03, 02:05
CarbSense Harvest Wheat Bread - yummy and zero carbs.

how come my label says 3? :(