PDA

View Full Version : just starting.. ..HELP!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Alicia
Tue, Jan-15-02, 14:35
Well, I'm just starting this today. Or, I hope today.
Is there anyone in Washington state who can give me some moral support? On how to get thru the first two weeks at least?
Thanks all..
Alicia

gwilson38
Tue, Jan-15-02, 14:50
Im a little north of U in Alberta however if U have any questions please ask and I will try to help. U will be impressed with how much support U will recieve from this forum.

pounds2go
Tue, Jan-15-02, 14:54
Hi Alicia

Well I guess we have to keep things going together. I started the induction yesterday. I was told you will need a multivitamin and if you start to feel sleepy and tired, that will past. I surfed through this whole forum and found out a ton of info. Also purchased the Atkins bk from walmart for 5.97. cost varied. I'm in Tennesse so it is probably cheaper here.

Have any ques. post them. This is a faithful group and someone will get back to you. I only have my username on here, but my name is Daryl. I am a female:) ya know, like Daryl Hanna? well hang in there we are doing this thing about the same time. Tip: chicken wings are the best! I use to advoid them because of the skin, now I can enjoy them!

Alicia
Tue, Jan-15-02, 14:55
Hey, thanks for replying.. I do have another question..
I read somewhere on here that certain types of birthcontrol can hinder weight loss on the low/no Carb diet.
Any ideas on this? Im on that depo shot.. Just got my second one last weekend.
Not sure if it was the shot or the holidays that helped with the 12 pound weight gain...
Thanks again...

lauraW
Tue, Jan-15-02, 14:57
Hi Alicia,

I am in Wa state too..whereabouts are you? I am on day 15 of induction..didnt do so well today. I need to work on my stress level..I am a back to school mom at the age of 37 pursuing my nursing degree, and have an exam tonite. This is the first day that I have fallen off the wagon in 14 days..but I will just keep plugging along..

Good luck and let me know if I can be of any help!

Laura

Alicia
Tue, Jan-15-02, 15:07
Hi Laura,
I live near Olympia..
I need help with what to eat. Im not much of a cook, and since I live with people that arent on this diet, and not very supportive, I need all the info and help I can get..
Good luck with you in school..And hang in there, In the long run I do know that this diet works...(My dad lost over 100 pounds last year.)
Alicia

lauraW
Tue, Jan-15-02, 15:13
Hi again..

I am in Puyallup so we are not that far away...

As far as what to eat..I have just used the book as a guide, and what I have found on this website. I did start eating flax in the morning as an alternative to eggs...which helped. I just eat alot of spinach salads for my veggies, and hamburgers, and chicken and the other day I went and got some shrimp and sauteed it in butter and garlic..what a treat that was..and tasted great.

Here is a link to some recipes that I use alot..or this site here has some too..

you might have to cut and past it in

Recipe link (http://www.camacdonald.com/lc/LowCarbohydrateCooking-Recipes.htm)

Good luck and lets keep in touch!

Jennie64
Thu, Jan-31-02, 01:22
I'm in University Place, WA. I'm starting the diet tomorrow. Good luck to us!!!

lauraW
Thu, Jan-31-02, 08:19
Hi Jennie,

Good for you for starting...good luck, keep posting here and start your journal here on the board the first day and be faithful about posting in it. It really helps. Everyone here is very supportive..which is great.

I am headed to TCC Friday for a meeting with the Nursing school supervisor for next year..I just hope I can deal with the darn traffic, its getting so much worse..

Good luck again..

Laura

razzle
Thu, Jan-31-02, 10:28
I read somewhere on line that there's a LC gathering planned IN Olympia in the coming few weeks. Of course I can't remember where, when, or any of the details! And a quick internet search didn't get them for me, either. :(

Yes, sex hormones (especially HRT at menopause) can slow loss for some women. You'd still lose, but more slowly.

Welcome to the board, and keep posting! We all support each other, and everyone who posts (like all these nice "welcomers" to you here) is an important member of our community. :)