PDA

View Full Version : Dr's Diet Smoothies?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

renplah
Mon, Jan-14-02, 00:05
Has anybody tried Doctor's Low Carb Diet Smoothies from Universal Nutrition?? Both their bars and their "smoothies" (who are we kidding?) claim to be rated #1 in a national blind taste test. The bars are by far the best that I have tried from any company; should I expect the same from the smoothies?

Also, as far as I can tell there is very little way that most low carb shakes, these included, can have hidden carbs. Am I correct in this? I read the ingredients and ran them through the hidden carb counter and it came back with only like 4 hidden carbs. That's not too bad, considering I normally discount hidden carb counts of like 20 or more! I know, that's ridiculous, and I'm trying to stop. ;)

Anyway, my exercise regimen is utterly ridiculous; I've never tried to count the number of calories burned but all I can say is my metabolism darn well better be running at peak! (this is the reasoning by which I perhaps foolishly discount the "hidden" carbs :D )

Anyway, I want to avoid starting a discussion on hidden carbs, so please keep all responses limited to my question which is somewhere up there in all that mess.

IslandGirl
Mon, Jan-14-02, 17:13
To get an answer to your question as to the taste, have you looked in the two Product Reviews subforums, right up above your post? Your answer may be there already.

In exchange for THAT valuable tidbit, I'VE got a question for you (and it's not about hidden carbs, either!)... Can you post here an Ingredient List from one of these Smoothies, in the spirit of Information Sharing? It would be much appreciated.