PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Menstrual Cycle

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jiggyman
Wed, Jun-21-06, 18:07
i have been on the bith control pill for five years and have always had very regular menstrual cycle, until i started atkins, now i'm a week and a half early, does anyone know if this is normal???? I'm only in the second week of induction... thanks

oh this is my bf's log-in

mermaiden
Mon, Jun-26-06, 16:26
The same thing happened to me after doing strict induction. Period one week early and before it was like clockwork.

oddmom3
Fri, Jun-30-06, 16:04
Had mine ten days late. Bit panicky there but also lost five pounds! (small victory dance) Should add I'm 42 and my baby is a Marine :eek:

emily30
Fri, Jun-30-06, 16:15
It is actually fairly common to have your cycle messed up in the begining of Atkins (it happend to me both times I started induction), but don't worry, it won't be like this every month. You may find PMS symptoms MUCH better, flow lighter, and an all over huge improvement while on Atkins.

oddmom3
Sun, Jul-02-06, 07:20
Thank you, I was getting worried it was the big M. I was wondering how to get one of those ticker thingys.

emily30
Sun, Jul-02-06, 09:44
For a ticker.... go to:
www.tickerfactory.com
create your ticker, copy the one with the bb code
click on the User CP in the green line above
click on edit signature and paste it there
click save

Hope this helps.

Entropy39
Sun, Jul-02-06, 11:29
I got my period a week and half early and I too have always been regular. This had happen to me last year when I was new to Atkins, just in the first month. (My weight yesterday was 158 I had lost like 9 lbs in a little over a week)

MY Questions is I cheat last night and now I"m thinking of now low carbing for awhile cause it is very hard to go BACK to it once you go off.

What will happen to my cycle then?

emily30
Sun, Jul-02-06, 15:48
Entropy,

I don't think one cheat would cause a problem with TOM. I think the problem is if you continued to have a high carb diet for a while and then you drop to induction levels when your body needs to be depleted of all that junk. A one day cheat could throw you out of ketosis, but you'll be back in within 3 days, so I wouldn't worry.

Just my $0.02. :)

Entropy39
Sun, Jul-02-06, 18:12
Dear Emily:

Well I was in deep ketosis for a long time and early yesterday morning I noticed the staining. What I didn't expect was to cheat that night and I didn't go Straight back to low carb today. It is very hard for me to go "straight" back when I mess up. I can't explain it. So I want to go back on Low Carb by Wednesday when I go back to work.

My question is if I go back to Low Carb on wednesday, next Month when I've been low carbing for a whole month, will I also stain early?

emily30
Mon, Jul-03-06, 06:12
Dear Emily:

Well I was in deep ketosis for a long time and early yesterday morning I noticed the staining. What I didn't expect was to cheat that night and I didn't go Straight back to low carb today. It is very hard for me to go "straight" back when I mess up. I can't explain it. So I want to go back on Low Carb by Wednesday when I go back to work.

My question is if I go back to Low Carb on wednesday, next Month when I've been low carbing for a whole month, will I also stain early?

Entropy,

I'm not quite sure. I know that stress or calorie restriction can really mess with TOM, but going off your LC plan for a day or two shouldn't. I hate when TOM is messed up; I seem to be really sensitive to change regarding TOM. My carb limits have bounced up and down over the last 7 months with no problems, but have had other factors that have made TOM come early or late. I hate the feeling of running to the bathroom, not knowing if it will start early or not.

Best wishes to you starting back on Wednesday. The starting over part is really, really hard! Feel free to stop by my journal if you need a hand, support, buddy, whatever. :)

Entropy39
Mon, Jul-03-06, 08:44
Dear Emily:

I am starting back today. I can't handle the cravings. So I am starting back first thing this morning. I don't want to gain any more weight I felt awful eating carbs again, got really sick too!