PDA

View Full Version : I've just got to share....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Debi55
Sun, Jan-13-02, 18:31
I have been on Inducation since Jan 2nd and I have followed everything to the letter, I am in ketosis and I've lost some pounds but I want to say this.......

I very rarely, if ever buy celery.....I had some in the fridge but can't remember what in the world I bought it for. I just knew that it would rot away to a slimey mess and never be eaten.

I want you to know, that I have just sat here and ate 3 celery sticks and they taste just like the world's best candy to me. I am so amazed and how GREAT this stuff tastes! I guess I have been so strict with what I eat that something like celery could taste soooo GOOD!!!!!

Call me nuts, but I just had to share that with you.

YUM YUM

daisy
Mon, Jan-14-02, 02:55
It's weird how your tastes change, Debi! You'll probably start to find that diet drinks, if you have them, are too sweet for you. I know I do. Also, I cheated like a demon over Christmas & had some chocolate- it had previously been my favourite kind but it just tasted awful! So that put paid to any chocolate cravings I had... I can tell you're not believing this, but stick with the programme & you'll see! :D

Good luck!

:daizy:

jo_
Mon, Jan-14-02, 07:16
I've had the same experience here. I picked up a celery stick at the Olive Garden and took a bite. It tasted like it had been sweetened with sugar, it was so very sweet! I was shocked and suspected, since it was a restaurant they put the celery in a sugar solution. So I handed it to my husband and asked him to taste it and tell me if it tasted super sweet. He said it was just plain, bland!!!, celery.

Amazing huh??
Jo