PDA

View Full Version : Happy Turtle

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

PFreud
Sun, Jun-18-06, 20:02
I've been losing weight slowly and seem to be stuck, but I don't care. So many of my other health indicators are showing improvement that I'm focusing on that more than the scale. I'm an insulin using type 2 diabetic, and I'm cutting back on the insulin. I think when I can cut the insulin to low doses or none at all (I currently inject 50 units of NPH and 7 units of R each day) that I will start to see weight loss then. In the meantime, my BP, my resting heart rate, my cholesterol, and my triglycerides are all better.

I want to lose weight too, because I think that is key to KEEPING the gains I've made, but I just think it will come after the insulin injections go down. I've cut out 20 units of R so far, and my blood sugars still keep coming down.

Newbirth
Sun, Jun-18-06, 20:50
Amen! Sometimes we get so focussed on loss we forget all the non-scale victories in our lives. :)

bioteclady
Wed, Jun-21-06, 07:48
That is great that you are able to cut back on the insulin. Awesome.

I have been doing this for 2 years, and it is really slow for me. But I have just begun to add in some serious exercise. So I am hoping that will help things along.

I have noticed that other factors have improved, such as my lower cholesterol, and the way I feel.

I also do not get sick, that is really a great benefit. The 2 times I was sick this year, it was for a day. So I think I am hooked on this way of eating.

Great job, keep going.