PDA

View Full Version : Hi and metric carb counter

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Tones
Sat, Jan-12-02, 17:46
Just a quick intro...
I found the Atkins system a year ago, (thanks to friends), lost 10kg over the year, put some back on in the silly season, but am back on track now. My husband initially lost 13kg and has inherited all my cargo pants that no longer stay up!

I am trilled to at last find a source of some really great info on LC. Also local knowledge. It seems Australia is in the dark ages as far as Low carbing is concerned. No (well negligible) products or restaurants.

I am continuously frustrated by the lack of a sensible/practical metric carbo counter. The list attached to this site is very comprehensive, but difficult to follow, has non uniform measures and heaps of foodstuffs we Southern Hemisphere folks need translation for. If anyone can point me to a book or website, I'd be very grateful.

:daze:

K-Louise
Sun, Jan-13-02, 03:10
Hi Tones, and welcome.

There are quite a few Australians here, so no doubt we will all learn about some metric sites.

This is a great Australian site.
http://www.carb-lite.au.com/infcarbs.html

The measurements are in grams and cups (so I find it easy). The recipes are metric too (and delicious).

I'm still looking for something like www.fitday.com that does metric and foods known to us outside the US.

Cheers
Kim

Karen
Sun, Jan-13-02, 10:58
You can customize fitday to suit your needs. Takes a bit of work, but in the end you have everything all in one spot.

There is also a link to food translations and a converter in the Hot Links! thread in the newbies questions forum.

Karen

Tones
Wed, Jan-16-02, 16:53
:p :p Thank you team....just what I was looking for!
:p :p