PDA

View Full Version : I've heard 2 differnt stories. What nut(s)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Cinderella
Fri, Jan-11-02, 18:32
What nut(s) are allowed on induction. I heard walnuts are but can't find it in the book. After induction...is there a limit to mac. nuts.

Natrushka
Fri, Jan-11-02, 18:35
You're going to have to look up the last part of your question about limits to nuts after induction, but I can safely tell you that while on induction, nuts are not allowed.

Nat

agonycat
Sat, Jan-12-02, 09:05
I highly recommend you go back to your book and look at the induction food list to see exactly what you can and can not have.

If it isn't on the list, you should not be consuming it. Otherwise your results will be tainted.

:read:

Cinderella
Sat, Jan-12-02, 14:45
I had the old book..two of them. I knew that I knew the answer to the NUTS question...but I have been told differently about quite a few foods. It seems I somehow missed the Newest of the Good Doctors book hitting the stores( not shocked with the town I live in)...so today I was out of town and bought the newest of his editions! I am sad to hear of the cheese and cream limitations...but oh well..such is life!
I was also told I could have all the nuts I wanted to have after induction...thats why I asked. I just knew there was something wrong with that!!

Anyrooo..thanks a bunch for the help. :dazzle:

K-Louise
Sat, Jan-12-02, 14:51
I was also told I could have all the nuts I wanted to have after induction...

Careful. Nuts have carbs, and it would be very easy to put yourself over on them after induction. Remember, after induction you should only increase by 5g increments each week until you find the level you cannot go above. You need to check the carb counter to determine the different carb value in each type of nut, and keep track of how many you are eating.

Also, you need to check your own ability to lose while eating nuts.

Cheers
Kim

Cinderella
Sat, Jan-12-02, 15:10
No, no...I won't be going over board with the nuts...I knew I was told the wrong thing....and now I have my own NEW book.

agonycat
Sat, Jan-12-02, 17:37
Don't go by what is "heard" or "said".

Go by the directions in the book and the lists Dr Atkin's provides. Some people modify the diet to suit them, and that means what works for them could kill your results on this diet.

When in doubt, start re reading :)

Cinderella
Sat, Jan-12-02, 17:49
When in doubt..buy the new book!!

Thanks. :)

asgoodlett
Fri, Apr-11-03, 06:46
Sunflower seeds have been a huge relief for me. They take such a long time to eat and keep my hand busy!!! They are such a good snack for the movies, instead of popcorn!!! I know I have to watch the sodium, so i limit myself.

stevensond
Fri, Apr-11-03, 07:26
go to Wal-Mart and buy one of those $6 books that tell you what carbs foods have.

I took my Atkins book back! All the information is available on the Atkins website. Why spend the money??

asgoodlett
Fri, Apr-11-03, 12:06
Good idea!