PDA

View Full Version : Mea culpa

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Rosebud
Fri, Jan-11-02, 00:34
Had a baaad day yesterday.
I was still feeling unwell from my "sick headache" of the day before, so figured I deserved a wee treat.
Made myself a small bowl of whipped cream which I ate with a small serve of diet jelly.
That somehow triggered a craving, not for anything sweet but for more whipped cream.
So I indulged myself.
Boy, did I indulge!
I was way past the point of measuring my cream so I just made a really big (and I mean big!) bowl of whipped cream. I added a token amount of jelly but it was the cream that I was so desperate for.
I didn't feel sick afterwards, but later... I paid.
Big time.
I was woken during the night by a horrible combination of bloat and nausea. I spent more of the night awake than asleep, and knowing I had brought it on myself didn't help at all.
By morning, I felt okay again.
I wondered if my gall bladder was playing up but there was no tenderness there.
Funny thing, this morning was the first time I could feel a (very) strong "ketotic" taste in my mouth which took most of the morning and big mobs of water to shift.
So maybe it helped me burn more fat?
One thing is for sure, I will never repeat this particular experiment.
Ah, feels better to have confessed.

Cali
Sat, Feb-02-02, 18:14
Hi Rosebud, surviving the heat? People here are saying it's the hottest summer they can remember, i"ve only been in Queensland for 3 years, what do you think?
I fell last night, drank some very expensive cab sav and then lost all control and ate a bag of corn chips.
Red wine is my down fall, I lose all resolve and self control if I drink it. It's the only alcohol I like so it's easy to not be tempted but disastrous if I am, it makes me crave salty carbs badly.
Do you exercise? (arrgghh, a wasp just flew into my face) I find this heat makes it very difficult, just walking aound the house is exhausting.

Rosebud
Sat, Feb-02-02, 18:50
Hi Cali, :wave:
Youch, I hope Mr Wasp didn't bite you.
Yes, this is the worst summer I've ever lived through. Those 40°-ish days over Xmas happen very occasionally, but only every few years and then usually only for 1 or 2 days.
This humidity is the problem. I'm sitting with the fan directly on me and I'm fine but if you leave the room or go outside, the old perspiration just runs down your face.
I know exactly what you mean about losing control with a glass or three. I have only had a few drinks since I started, once on my b'day and one drink only on Aussie day. I planned them and pretty much made sure I had no bad stuff around. Not easy when you're out, of course. All you can do is remember that it's only one day out of your life; it can't do anything like the damage we've done to ourselves over the past years.
Besides, a little pleasure now and again is not a bad thing. My advice is that next time you deviate from the straight and narrow, make sure you enjoy every bite and then back normal the next day.
Cheers, Cali.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

PS: I'm the same Rosebud from Picture of Health. ;)

Cali
Sun, Feb-03-02, 02:59
No Mr Wasp didn't but strangely enough, I took my children to the pool and Miss Bee stung my 2 year old on the palm of his petal soft hand, which I made worse by sadistically digging out the embedded sting with a brass safety pin. Poor child, there have already been quite enough green ant bites this summer. And I try to foster a respect for nature!
Yes I realize you are the rosebud by the same name on Picture of health, this site is all inclusive and I love communicating with Fat Women of the World, but Pic of Health is rather special too. Rossana is a dear, likewise Sammie jam. We should all have a conference or a coffee or something in Sydney one day.
Yes you are right, it is only one day but in mycase it tends to be several which makes me fear my self discipline will always be my undoing . I have resolved to join a gym, if only for the air conditioning.

sammiejam
Mon, Feb-04-02, 20:30
i have been bad bad bad

and since this is a confession booth,you guys are like the priests and are not allowed to tell what you hear.
Rossana would KILL ME if she knew this...

but last night i ate...
a whole (minus 1 peice) of a pepperoni pizza,(i whispered that)
it had a crispy base though, not pan,
it was the red wine!!!!!!
it made me do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i had ordered the chicken wings which i ate and there was this pizza sitting there that no-one was eating....
it is my favorite kind which i have resisted for 6 months now.One bite and i was a goner. Oh well back on track today but you know what, i keep thinking about buttery toast which i dont even like!!!
Just goes to show how addictive carbs really are.
And remember DONT TELL ROSSANA!!!!

Rosebud
Mon, Feb-04-02, 21:23
OMIGOD!!! You've been a baaaad girl! :nono: :p
All I can think of is, that must have tasted WONDERFUL!

Well, you know the deal, get back on the horse, it's only one day out of your life, yada yada yada.

Okay now, let's get to the nitty gritty here, what's it gonna be worth to you for us to keep our mouths shut? :p
(Rosebud begins to imagine a life filled with luxuries as she lives forever on the spoils of blackmail)
My only advice to you Sammie is don't weigh yourself for at least a week.
And stop beating yourself up already! You're back on track, all is well.

:rose:Rosebud:rose: (defrocked priest :D)

sammiejam
Mon, Feb-04-02, 21:52
hehehehehehe

you are a wicked, wicked person.

name your price.....

;)

i never weigh myself anyway so it is ok,

i havent noticed any clothes feeling tighter so thats good.

Cali
Tue, Feb-05-02, 03:42
Dear Sammie - you shouldn't confess these things! It makes me want to eat a huge peperoni pizza too and 3 cherry ripes and a bottle of wine and very fresh bread with butter and brie and caramel slices and fresh nectarines and chocolate ice cream and tortellini with cream and spinach....
Look what you've made me do!!!!
I think I shall tell on you to Rossana.
Cali.