PDA

View Full Version : CRYSTAL LIGHT

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ADELE
Thu, Jan-10-02, 13:14
Is Crystal Lite allowed on Atkins ? I know it has no carbs, but I heard something about aspartame not being good. :confused:

Elihnig
Thu, Jan-10-02, 16:24
Aspertame is a Your Milage May Vary (YMMV) kind of thing. For some people, it is not a problem and they use it throughout their plan. But just so you know, it has a strong effect on some people and slows or stops their weight loss no matter what else they do. Only you can answer that question after you've seen how it has affected you. My suggestion is to try to do induction without it. It will kill your taste for sweets, end cravings and you'll feel totally revitalized. You will also probably have better induction results without it. Don't forget to drink lots of water!

Elihnig

indmnd
Fri, Mar-12-04, 21:06
Crystal Light in liquid form has Splenda which seems to be better for LCers, at least from what I have read.

nikkil
Fri, Mar-12-04, 23:38
Yep, the liquid (ready-to-drink) Crystal Light has splenda but the powder uses aspartame. I'd check the label to see if it really is 0 carbs before drinking a gallon of it, tho. Aspartame causes cravings for me--I react to it like real sugar, so be careful of your reaction to it. Also, Dr. A. doesn't count anything that you drink other than water towards your water intake.

MyJourney
Sat, Mar-13-04, 08:34
the powdered form also has 5 calories and 1g carbs per 8oz cup along with the aspratame.

potatofree
Sat, Mar-13-04, 08:41
I find a little goes a long way. I usually mix it a LOT weaker than the directions say.

MyaJorMom
Sat, Mar-13-04, 08:56
I drink the powder form, it says no carbs on the label but it does have aspartane. It doesn't seem to affect me though. I drink LOTS of water all day long and I allow myself 1 glass of crystal light with my dinner, it's like my little cheat. I will look for the already made kind, I had never heard of it! Thanks!

3xmommy
Sun, Mar-14-04, 17:54
I see that aspartame is not a good thing on Atkins..I usually have to have atleast 2 diet cokes a day..maybe i can get it down to one, but does that really stop weight loss..
I have tried diet rite..It's ok,,not great..It has splenda.Is there a limit to how many I can drink..? Thanks

blueflyer
Sun, Mar-14-04, 18:47
Are you doing INDUCTION? Have you read the book? If you have, you should know that you need to stay 100% on the allowed items for the two week period. That means, no RC Cola's or Crystal light. INDUCTION is a two week or LONGER period to cleanse and purge your body of the junk that's in there.
If you haven't read the books, you need to. You need to become well educated about this diet. This is a major life style change and a way of life. It's not something to hop on and do it without understanding it. This web site is a wonderful tool to learn from and to give one support during the difficult times that will come up now and then. Another important site is the ATKINS.COM.

potatofree
Sun, Mar-14-04, 18:49
The only mention of it in DANDR was that he'd rather we avoid it due to "questions about it's safety". I personally am not scared of it, and it seems to make no difference in my rate of loss.

potatofree
Sun, Mar-14-04, 18:57
...and for the record, "diet soda sweetened with Sucralose" IS on the acceptable beverage list. Diet Rite fits that description.

bcbeauty
Sun, Mar-14-04, 20:52
Oh thank God yes. My Talking Rain Soda once a day is a saving grace. And Dr. A said it was OK on induction.

3xmommy
Sun, Mar-14-04, 21:08
I have the book and have read it. Personally it isn't written in plain english..so that Is why I think many people are confused...I went to the doctors and had blood test and she recommended Atkins to me so I may lose my 40 pounds..I realize this is a life changing decision and I did not come to the board looking for quick answers..and I am ready for the challenge. I have done the induction phase for 6 days now and am looking for good advice to see where I am going wrong....Though..I can not give up my diet coke as of yet..I can get through with 1 a day. Thank you to all who responded..

potatofree
Sun, Mar-14-04, 21:20
3xmommy-- I'm sure you'll do fine.