PDA

View Full Version : Alouette brand spreadable cheese

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

agonycat
Tue, Jan-08-02, 18:57
Okay I just ran across this in my super market and decided to pick up a package to see if there were any hidden carbs. Figured if there were my dear hubby could eat it.

These come in all different flavors:

Garlic and herbs, Veggie, Sundried tomatoes, spinach and artichoke.

The scoop:
This is for 2 Tbsps for a single serve.

Bottom line..1.02 grams of carbs. Not bad for flavored cheese spreads.

Ingredients: Pasteurized cultured milk and cream, Salt, stabilzers (xanthan, carbo bean and/or guar gums) and spices.

I figure rolled up in sliced turkey or roast beef it would be a nice change of pace to hard cheese.

Comments?

Calculated Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carbohydrates factor 3.84063

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fat factor 8.82671

Protein factor 4.28361

Actual Carb count 1.02 g

Difference by weight 0.02 g

goingfor60
Fri, Jan-11-02, 00:45
I use to eat those cheeses with just veggies 100 years ago. I forgot all about them, thanks agonycat!

I'll add it to the shopping list.

Shannon :wave:

BigDogTimC
Tue, Feb-05-02, 15:39
Agony,

I was in Costco just this weekend and spotted them as I was LC shopping, and was pleasantly surprised as well.

Brought them home, and using them already for the lunch-meat-wrap thing. Much better taste than cream cheese alone, and since it tastes better (and is a more powerful taste) I'm using much less per roll-up.

The great thing about them is their portability.

I must admit to my relief at seeing your carb calculator results.

Go Alouette.

BigDog