PDA

View Full Version : 15th April what will you Sbers be eating today?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

foxgluvs
Sat, Apr-15-06, 05:02
Menu: Phase 2

B: oatmeal (one third cup) made with skimmed milk and water, splenda to sweeten. A glass of V8
S: A thin slice of turkey
L: Tuna salad
S: Fruit salad made with 4 strawberries, quater banana and some grapes
D: Chicken cooked in salsa with a huge ceasar salad

Water 65 floz so far
2 cups coffee

foxgluvs
Sat, Apr-15-06, 12:14
Hope your silence SB babes doesn't mean you're being bad!!!! hahha

tammay
Sat, Apr-15-06, 15:09
Good afternoon,
I'm a little late with this but I love that everyone posts their menus - it really gives me ideas and I can see how Phase 2 people are eating so I can prepare myself for next week.

Menu for the day (Phase 1):
B: lowfat cottage cheese, cucumber, nonfat yogurt w/SF syrup and a sprinkle of chopped nuts
S: was going to be hummus with celery but I didn't end up eating it
L: faux fried rice (forgot how good this is!) with Morning Star crumble and one scrambled egg in it
S: macadamia nuts
D: SBD Salad with lentil beans instead of tuna and mocha ricotta creme

Tam

MorphingMe
Sat, Apr-15-06, 15:13
Good afternoon,
I'm a little late with this but I love that everyone posts their menus - it really gives me ideas and I can see how Phase 2 people are eating so I can prepare myself for next week.

Menu for the day (Phase 1):
B: lowfat cottage cheese, cucumber, nonfat yogurt w/SF syrup and a sprinkle of chopped nuts
S: was going to be hummus with celery but I didn't end up eating it
L: faux fried rice (forgot how good this is!) with Morning Star crumble and one scrambled egg in it
S: macadamia nuts
D: SBD Salad with lentil beans instead of tuna and mocha ricotta creme

Tam
Hi! Would you mind sharing your faux fried rice recipe? TIA!

surfer376
Tue, Apr-18-06, 21:31
Here's a recipe not sure if it's the same

1/2 head cauliflower
oil
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups diced or shredded leftover cooked meat or seafood
1 cup veggies (chopped snow peas, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, etc.)
8 scallions, sliced (use part of the green)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon Splenda

Run the cauliflower through the shredding blade of your food processor. Put the cauliflower in a microwaveable casserole, add a tablespoon or two of water, cover, and microwave in high for 5 minutes.

Spray a medium size skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of oil to coat the bottom of the skillet. Pour in the eggs and cover for a minute or so. Let the eggs cook in a flat sheet. When cooked through, remove and set aside.

Remove the cauliflower from the microwave and drain it. Put a tablespoon of oil in a large, heavy skillet. Stir in the meat, veggies and scallions. Cook, stirring occasionally until veggies are tender-crisp. Add the cauliflower rice and stir to blend. Shred the eggs and stir in. Combine the soy sauce with the Splenda and stir into the fried "rice".
posted b silvergirl Southbeach-diet-plan