PDA

View Full Version : Benefits

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MorphingMe
Wed, Apr-12-06, 12:34
I know some of you have gotten to goal and/or lost significant amounts of weight....can you share some of the things you can do now that you couldn't before? some of the things that mean the most to you to be able to do now? Are there things you wouldn't have done at your heaviest? places you wouldn't have gone? Easter weekend is coming with all the food and candy and I'm looking for some motivation and inspiration to get me through! :help:

foxgluvs
Wed, Apr-12-06, 13:37
I have lost 4 dress sizes, I can run upstairs without getting out of breath.

I can sit comfortably in a plane seat and get the courtesy tray down without it resting at an angle on my belly.

I can wear much sexier clothes, my face is so much thinner and people comment on how well I look; and they mean I look well, not that I am looking fat!!

I have 200% more confidence, and I have to remind myself not to look at the floor when I walk down the street. I remember the feeling of elation the first time I could actually SEE where I was going, and not just my feet (through not wanting to make eye contact with anyone)

I lay down on my bed and I can FEEL hip bones.

I can wipe my backside with ease!

I can make love easier to my DH, not so many lumps and bumps getting in the way, and I have more confidence in the bedroom again.

I feel 10 years younger.

I surprise myself at being able to do up seat belts in cars without having to slide my bum up the seat, and I can walk through gaps I never thought I could.