PDA

View Full Version : Easter menu ideas

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jodinicole
Mon, Apr-10-06, 15:42
I was just wondering what you are all doing for easter dinner? It is going to just be my daughter and I but I still want to make something tasty.

I am thinking either a ham or a whole chicken....maybe some cornish game hen? I just can't think of any good sides, what to do about dessert? Cheesecake?

foxgluvs
Tue, Apr-11-06, 03:32
Someone asked a question about riccotta, and skippie posted a really nice looking recipe for a cheesecake. I think I would make that, and then I will probably do a roast dinner, with a large chicken and make some tasty veggies to go with it.

Quilter
Tue, Apr-11-06, 06:37
There's just me and my husband. I'm making ham, the green bean casserole from the SBD Quick Meals cookbook, salad, asparagus and for dessert we are having baked meringue shells filled with strawberries.

miezimau
Tue, Apr-11-06, 07:28
Here is what I recieved in my inbox today from the South Beach Newsletter:

Crown Roast of Lamb With Rosemary

Phase 1

Makes 5 servings

Ingredients
1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
12 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 lean crown roast of lamb with 14 chops (two 7-rib racks of lamb tied together)
2 = tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Fresh parsley (for garnish)

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Mix rosemary, garlic, oregano, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.

2. Place lamb on large baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Rub herb mixture over lamb. Cover bones loosely with sheet of foil and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of lamb registers 125°F to 130°F for rare (about 20 minutes), 130°F to 135°F for medium-rare (about 30 minutes), or 135°F to 140°F for medium (about 35 minutes).

3. Transfer lamb to platter and let stand, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove foil and string. Cut lamb between ribs into chops and serve on a bed of parsley.

Nutritional Information:
355 calories
20 g total fat (6 g saturated)
122 mg cholesterol
3 g carbohydrate
39 g protein
0 g fiber
1505 mg sodium

I was thinking maybe a Green Bean Casserole and Mashed Cauliflower with it and for Dessert maybe some orange almond cakes (phase 2 and 3 only)