PDA

View Full Version : 21 pounds in two weeks

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

hoti
Sun, Jan-06-02, 17:21
:D Awesome results. On Atkins, I have lost 21 pounds in two weeks. My size 46 pants and 54 jacket were were very tight. They feel a lot better now.

I have lost a lot of weight on Atkins before, and as I do this again, I am studying the psychology of it as I go. (At 55 years of age, I can no longer ask my body to lose and regain another 100 pounds.)

I notice that I do sort of feel like I am walking out on the family religion. All that cooing in the commercials about carbohydrate rich foods, all those images of comradery over food, all the actual comradery when someone brings in do-nut or bagels, etc. But on Atkins, those foods might as well be card-board. I have no appetite for them. In fact, I have very little appetite for food in general. I actually forget to eat. For example, it's 3:30 now and all I have eaten today is four eggs, two ounces of heavy cream and sis packets of Sucralose in a custard. I'm not hungry. I might have a snack later.

On reflection, what was missing in the past was an Atkins WOL community, something like AA for alchoholics. These forums are filling are really important function.

donnaj
Sun, Jan-06-02, 17:48
Congratulaiton on losing 21 lbs that is wonderful and I also know what you mean about feeling out of place with family. But, at this momen my twin brother and sister is also on Atkins with me and that really help.
Having this site is helping me allot with my self control and their encouragement is the greatest.
Keep up the great work. Have you started your journal, yet. It really help with staying on the WOL, also.

Congratulation, again... :cheer:

Cher
Mon, Jan-14-02, 13:38
what a rewarding 2 weeks...that's awesome...congratulations on such success. I agree with you, having a support system is really important and makes a big difference (I think). Like DonnaJ...I have been lucky that my sister and mother are doing this with me. Also, the rest of my family have been so excited about my weight loss that they've been a support too. I just feel encouraged across the board. DH isn't eating this way, but, of course he's been very happy about the weight loss. Keep up the good work...that's awesome!

thinknthin
Mon, Jan-14-02, 13:42
that is great...21 lbs! the pshchology thing is very important.
my advise is a healthy mind renders a healthy body. it is when you let the body control the mind that we get into trouble!
i have been there myself...lost..gained...lost...gained more..lost..and so on...this time a way of life is my goal..not another no fat diet...that i fall off of and gain 30 lbs in 4 months!

Lessara
Mon, Jan-14-02, 16:47
I agree with you about the forum!
I was on Atkins for 5 weeks before finding this board.
I felt so... isolated and left out of things! But with the ability to talk to others and to reflect on my successes, it has helped me more than anything else. I feel so much stronger.
Again.. Thanks Wa'il!!

thinknthin
Tue, Jan-15-02, 12:54
i saw the amount of weight you have lost on you posting!!!! :thup: way to go! Keep up the good work and keep me posted !! :wave:

daisy
Wed, Jan-16-02, 07:36
21lbs in 2 weeks??!!

That's fantastic! It's taken me 3 months to lose that! You must be thrilled! Just don't go out & buy a cake to celebrate...! ;)

:clap:

Good luck! Daisy

mrsu
Tue, Jan-29-02, 18:04
Hoti that is awesome :D . you go girl. keep up the good work.

Take care

TJ

pastorbob
Sun, Feb-10-02, 10:01
Awesome! :daze: That's GREAT and your testimony is a great way to encourage others. I'm fairly new to this and I visit these forums daily to see what others are up against. The Bible tells us that , 'a cord of three strands is not easily broken.' We NEED one another to be successful. There's immense power in UNITY. Great job! :D

I'm on a combo of several of the LC's. Keeping carbs to 30 or less daily. Started Dec. 26th, 2001 and refuse to weigh myself because sometimes that can be discouraging to me. I'm not sure how much I've lost, but my clothes are getting loose and my energy level is improving. I'm a type II diabetic (5 years) on 5mg of Glyburide daily (oral med) and my blood sugar is terrific! If I can lose 40 - 50 more pounds I may be able to ditch the meds! :)

Have a blessed day!!!!!!!

Eccl 4:12 And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

Kellycolle
Sun, Feb-10-02, 12:31
*Big pat on back* Congrats hoti!
I have 20 lbs in all to lose. And the chicken I am i was afraid to weigh myself before hand so I'm going by how my clothes fit. You do have support here, wether it be 100 or 20 lbs we are all in it for just about the same reason. Let us know if you're having a bad day...you'll get a big hug! Hugs, Kelly

LilSpanky
Tue, Feb-19-02, 13:33
Way to go. I just started yesterday and I am amazed already.
I hope you will allow me to be here for you. I only ask that you return the favor.
You are really off to a flying start.
I am turning 50 this year and in my younger days, I lost good with
this diet. I pray that this time I can conquer my cravings again.
You Go GirlFriend !!!!!!!!!
:daze:

angelfish
Tue, Feb-19-02, 15:09
Good For You!
Keep up the good work. I know you can do this with your great attitude! Keep us posted.
Angelfish :wave:

donnaj
Fri, Feb-22-02, 10:37
Way to go hot!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Keep up the good works. Could you share how you did it? I have lost 20 lbs since Jan. 2.
Donna :wave:

brandy~25
Sun, Mar-24-02, 19:23
:wave:

Wow! good for you! I've just started the Atkins plan, and I hope to have that kind of success

Bloom
Sun, Mar-24-02, 20:09
What wonderful results, how about an update :)

mal
Sat, Jun-08-02, 14:50
21lb what a brilliant 2 weeks keep it up you are fantastic