PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Food?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Marieanne
Sat, Apr-08-06, 13:21
Help! My hubby just asked if I want to go out for Chinese food with some friends tonight and I had to say yes because we haven't seen them in months. So... :help: :help: :help: :help:

WHAT CAN I EAT?!?!??!?!?!? I'm on phase 2 by the way. Thanks for your fast responses, I'm leaving soon...

MorphingMe
Sat, Apr-08-06, 13:27
I think you'll have to avoid the rice/pasta as I'm pretty sure it's white in both cases. They may have a brown rice option??? If not have stir fried veggies and chicken/beef. Most chinese places will make it without all the soy sauce added so it won't be bad. You can always add a few drops on your own. Good luck!!!

Judynyc
Sat, Apr-08-06, 17:10
Steamed chicken or shrimp with steamed veggies....any sauce on the side and use very sparingly is in a dipping sauce.

Brown rice if you have to have a starch and 1/2 cup is a serving.

Enjoy! :yum: