PDA

View Full Version : Fat or flour

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MorphingMe
Mon, Apr-03-06, 17:54
Tonight I was out running around with the kids and it got a lot later than expected. We stopped at mcd's and I thought I was fine I could get a grilled chicken sandwich and just not use the dressing. They were out of grilled chicken only salads made up with the crispy chicken. I got a double cheeseburger and took the bun off and just ate the burger/cheese. Looking back I probably could've gotten a side salad with light dressing but, it wouldn't have been much food. I picked fat over a carb like the crispy chicken even though I realize neither is great for me. I know that when I have carbs like bread/fries I want more so it's a hard thing for me to have. I was just curious if any of you have had situations like that where you had to choose from options that weren't the best and if you picked a white flour/sugar or higher fat that you'd normally have? Is one better than the other?

jodinicole
Mon, Apr-03-06, 18:15
I think I would go with more fat than flour or sugar. Just because the flour and sugar spike blood sugar- induce cravings, help you gain weight. I would have gone with the double cheese burger without the bun. Much better choice there. I mean I have started adding coconut oil into my diet (which is more fat) and I'm still losing wieght. I doubt that if I added sugar back in my diet I would have the same success.

Maybe I would have gotten the side garden salad, no dressing and a double cheeseburger and made it more of a complete meal, but what you did was perfectly fine.

miezimau
Mon, Apr-03-06, 21:46
Same here, Fat is a lot more forgiving than sugar and flour. I would choose the fat any day over the flour or sugar.

Redrose81
Mon, Apr-03-06, 22:23
Same here, Fat is a lot more forgiving than sugar and flour. I would choose the fat any day over the flour or sugar.

I agree. I tend to find that sugar and flour are also not as forgiving as fat, but very addictive for me. For me that is my drug of choice and if I get a taste of it once, I want it more and more. This is my 15th day without cheating and although the thought has crossed my mind, my goal is worth fighting for and struggling through the hard times. I don't think that we should guilt ourselves over what we should have eaten, but what is important is you didn't cheat!

skippie
Tue, Apr-04-06, 06:13
Faced with that I can say I would have gotten single hamburger (no cheese, no bun) and a side salad.
Just keep in mind this all about learning. We all have to face this from time to time. I know how hard it is when face with having to re-learn how to eat. :agree:

But perhaps next time try and pick a something a bit lower in fat, and add the fiber to help fill you up.

Marieanne
Tue, Apr-04-06, 06:59
Faced with that I can say I would have gotten single hamburger (no cheese, no bun) and a side salad.
Just keep in mind this all about learning. We all have to face this from time to time. I know how hard it is when face with having to re-learn how to eat. :agree:

But perhaps next time try and pick a something a bit lower in fat, and add the fiber to help fill you up.

I'm with Skippie! :thup: :thup: :thup:

I think you made a wise decision by not chosing the flour, so good for you, but next time, remember a little lower fat and a little more fiber.

Tell me though, was it so delicious??? :lol: :yum: :lol: