PDA

View Full Version : Moving On To Phase II In A Few Days...Need Some Tips

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Marieanne
Thu, Mar-30-06, 09:01
So, what are some good pieces of advice that you can share with me as I get ready to move into the next phase? Currenty, after a week and a half on Phase I, I'm down 5 pounds (I do a mid-week weigh-in on Thursday's, but I son't record my "official" loss until Monday morning's)! :thup: I'm thrilled and want to keep going. Here's what I know already...

1. I have the updated food list that Judy has prepared for us.

2. I know that I shouldn't add any carbs first thing in the morning.

3. I know that I should start with one thing and see what happens and go slowly.

So, I'm wondering...

1. What do you allow yourself?
2. When do you eat fruit?
3. Can you tell me some great foods that I can enjoy now, that aren't too hazardous?
4. What are some sweet treats that you can enjoy while still losing?
5. Can you give me any tips, any tips at all, that will keep my weight loss going?

Thanks so much, I know I've asked a lot, but I want to continued being as successful as I have been. :)

Judynyc
Thu, Mar-30-06, 09:24
So, what are some good pieces of advice that you can share with me as I get ready to move into the next phase? Currenty, after a week and a half on Phase I, I'm down 5 pounds (I do a mid-week weigh-in on Thursday's, but I son't record my "official" loss until Monday morning's)! :thup: I'm thrilled and want to keep going. Here's what I know already...

1. I have the updated food list that Judy has prepared for us.
use the meal plan chart located with the food list

2. I know that I shouldn't add any carbs first thing in the morning.
actually, its no fruit in the am, you can try a bowl of old fashioned oat meal or steel cut oats

3. I know that I should start with one thing and see what happens and go slowly.

So, I'm wondering...

1. What do you allow yourself?
start with 1 piece of fruit per day, best as an afternoon snack
2. When do you eat fruit?
see above
3. Can you tell me some great foods that I can enjoy now, that aren't too hazardous?
see food list for what you enjoy
4. What are some sweet treats that you can enjoy while still losing?
no sugar added fudgsicles are one of my favorites
5. Can you give me any tips, any tips at all, that will keep my weight loss going?
read my success story, especially the last page

Thanks so much, I know I've asked a lot, but I want to continued being as successful as I have been. :)

Hope these answers help!! :D

jodinicole
Thu, Mar-30-06, 11:32
I just want to say that if you fall off plan don't beat yourself up! Dust yourself off, get right back to doing your thing. I find that if I fall off and spend the next couple of days back on phase one it helps me regain focus.

I started with fruits and I eat one serving in the afternoon. If one fruit triggers cravings or makes me feel really hungry I stop eatining it.

I think my favorite treats are the no sugar added ice cream bars! SOOOOO good! I also like to make itallian sodas with carbonated water and sugar free davinci syrups.

It is all trial and error, you will find what carbs work best and what don't work for you. I found out that wheat, and oatmeal really trigger massive cravings for me so I don't eat those anymore. It takes time to figure out but you can do it!!

Good luck!! Phase 1 is always there so if you feel like you need to go back to it, do it!!