PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a poll question: How much did you loose in the first two weeks?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tonmur
Sat, Jan-05-02, 10:37
:q: :q: :q: :q: :q: :q: :q: :q: :q: :q: :q: :q: :q: :q: :q: :q:
How much weight did you loose in the first two weeks?

agonycat
Sat, Jan-05-02, 10:50
15 pounds. All water.

total of 36 pounds in 8 months. :)

LC Sponge
Sat, Jan-05-02, 11:23
I lost 9 pounds. And during the 2 weeks I consumed 2 pounds of butter.

Agonycat! ALL 15 pounds was water? How on earth do you know that :q: :) I'll bet SOME of it was fat.

agonycat
Sat, Jan-05-02, 12:48
It had to be water. I didn't see a bit of inches fall off during that first two weeks.

I have NEVER drank so much water in my life and I think when I started rehydrating my system it just finally let go of the excess. :lol:

Marlaine
Sat, Jan-05-02, 16:41
Hi there tonmur.....

We have very similiar starting and goal weights!

In the first 5 days, I lost 8 pounds. Most likely water, since 6 pounds of it went back on right away again as well. I've concluded that every time the scale goes up...it's water weight, so I don't worry about it anymore. As you can see from my stats, I AM having success with getting the numbers to go down.

Marlaine

EllieEats
Sat, Jan-05-02, 17:16
Hi Tonmur...

On day 7 of induction, I had lost 6lbs. Then I stayed there until day 15 when I suddenly dropped 4 more pounds!!! :D

Now I lose a pound here and a pound there (and inches in between!)

Right now I've been at the same weight for over 2 weeks BUT I know it will kick in again--- you just have to be patient!! (I've learned that along the way here too! ;) )
Ellie :wave:

ruby
Sun, Jan-06-02, 00:09
Hi,
I think this is a great poll. Last time I did Atkins I lost 11 pounds in 1 month, and 8 lbs came off in the first two weeks. 4 lbs first week, then 4 more. I was very strick with induction for first two weeks, then continued induction but cheated with carbs every now and then for the second week. This time I'm following it to a T, according to his latest book. And boy do I have a headache today (I'm on day 2). Good luck!

MaŽk M
Sun, Jan-06-02, 02:55
about 12 pounds, I think

K-Louise
Sun, Jan-06-02, 03:42
Well, actually not 1.5. Ok, I lost 7.5 pounds first 5 days, then regained 6.5 of them up to the time induction finished. I've lost it again now, having started induction again 4 days ago

I put it down to water retention (its been very hot here, and I though the pork rinds would be ok). Also, artificial sweetener overload. I also read nuts have been ruled out on induction according to new atkins book (so no macadamias for 2 weeks).

I'm hopeful the current 2 weeks will be more successful. I'm being such a good girl :D

DeAnna
Tue, Jan-08-02, 18:43
Uh oh! I've been eating nuts like crazy. Guess I better stop. Why does Atkins say no nuts now?

I've lost two pounds in six days, but I'm having a lot of water retention I think (salty nuts and pork rings). I've been drinking more water, but I don't think enough.

tonmur
Tue, Jan-08-02, 20:18
No matter how many pork rinds you have, just remember to have your water!

64oz plus 8oz for each 25lbs you want to loose. It is a lot of water, but I am now swearing by it. It does work.

rtjdk2
Tue, Feb-19-02, 19:32
In my first two weeks I lost 9 lbs.... I am now been on atkins 3 weeks with a total of 12 lbs... I have also lost some inches.. My stomach is a bit smaller than before :spin: My pants are alot looser in the waist now :cheer: :cheer:

Jennie64
Tue, Feb-19-02, 21:10
Seven pounds the first two weeks, but nothing since...On my monthly though so I'm not gonna worry yet. I'll wait and see.
Jennie ;)

disneybebe
Wed, Feb-20-02, 02:18
Guys,
Did Atkins say "no nuts" in his new book? I'd love to find out, thanks.
Bebe

StarOrchid
Wed, Feb-20-02, 06:11
about 12 or so lbs in the first two weeks, mostly water i'm guessing... I'm on day 15 now and will probably stay on inducion another week or two :)

Brandon
Wed, Feb-20-02, 09:05
12lbs for the first two weeks.

as far the the nuts are concerned, here's a breakdown of plain old peanuts.. (non salted, non roasted, just plain)

Amount Per 1 cup
Calories 827.82
Calories from Fat 647.01

% Daily Value *

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Fat 71.89g 111%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturated Fat 9.98g 50%

Polyunsaturated Fat 22.72g

Monounsaturated Fat 35.67g

Cholesterol 0mg 0%

Sodium 26.28mg 1%

Potassium 1029.3mg 29%

Total Carbohydrate 23.56g 8%

Dietary Fiber 12.41g 50%

Protein 37.67g 75%

Alcohol 0g

So you can see with 1 cup, you've got 23.56-12.41 giving you 11.15 carbs. The question is, can you stop at just one cup. I know I can't.

CrazyCurly
Wed, Feb-20-02, 11:43
I lost 14 the first 2 weeks. 1 more pound since then.
My husband lost 15 the first 2 weeks. He has been holding at that for the last week.

Jess

MyDelaney
Wed, Feb-20-02, 11:44
I lost 7lbs during induction, and 2 more pounds since then. I've been on Atkins for 4 weeks now. I've figured out (by the ketostix) that I can only consume the induction level carbs to remain in ketosis :mad:

It's really interesting to see the varying levels of what people lost on induction!

melanie 27
Wed, Feb-20-02, 17:09
10 pnds in two weeks(& I Cheated the first week bad... ;)
so far a total loss of 17 pnds + 17 1/2 inches in 8 weeks

I have his new book Nuts are ok but not during induction & he says a childs handful is about right.
Trying to loose a total of 20 pnds by April 1st....3 more to go
:wave:

JoAnnAtkin
Wed, Feb-20-02, 19:45
I lost appx. 8 pounds the first 2 weeks of Atkins.

Jo Ann in TEXAS :wave:

SLynnTx
Thu, Feb-21-02, 11:17
My first time on induction I lost 15 pounds....

cinna
Mon, Dec-01-08, 18:29
I am on the last day of Induction and I've lost approx. 15lbs so far! I have a lot to lose, and I am bigger than a lot of people who post on here. I am happy with the loss (even though I'm sure it's mostly water) but have read stories about people about my size who lost more. Is it true that the larger you are, the faster you lose weight? I hope I continue to shed these pounds!

yoyo-mel
Mon, Dec-01-08, 20:46
14 pounds in the first 2 weeks. Down 21.4 total, now beginning week 13.

wbethin
Fri, Dec-05-08, 15:56
In 2000 while working a physically demanding job + 1-2 hrs. exercise afterwards I lost 20 lbs on induction..... really wasn't eating alot though (low-carb shake for breakfast on the way to work, drank 3-4 bottles of water per 8 hrs at work, had meat for lunch or a breadless ketchupless tomatoless hamburger, and meat or again hamburger for dinner) 5-8 of those lbs was water..... while on plan I was constantly sweating!

wbethin
Fri, Dec-05-08, 16:10
Oh and drinking a lot of water helps........ but about the 64 oz plus 8 oz for every 25 lbs.......... don't know 'bout that. I have always heard you need to drink half your body weight in oz of water. So, if you are 217 you would need to drink 108.5 oz per day of water vs. the 82.24 oz to adequately keep hydrated and flush any toxins out of your system. Also not all at once, but spread out through out the day 2-3 oz at a time so that water goes to where it is needed and not straight to your bladder. (it is like if there is a heavy drought instead of a quick heavy down pour a slow and steady drizzle or slightly heavier is best to re-saturate the ground...... too fast = flash flood. sure a bit goes where its needed, but the greater amount is just washed away)

Bevaboo
Fri, Dec-05-08, 18:56
I lost 18 pounds in my first two weeks, but I'm pretty sure that most of it was water. I've only lost 4 pounds since then. :( (It's been about 6 weeks.)

But, I've been losing clothing sizes, which is even better than weighing less.

Bevaboo
Fri, Dec-05-08, 19:09
Oh and drinking a lot of water helps........ but about the 64 oz plus 8 oz for every 25 lbs.......... don't know 'bout that. I have always heard you need to drink half your body weight in oz of water. So, if you are 217 you would need to drink 108.5 oz per day of water vs. the 82.24 oz to adequately keep hydrated and flush any toxins out of your system. Also not all at once, but spread out through out the day 2-3 oz at a time so that water goes to where it is needed and not straight to your bladder. (it is like if there is a heavy drought instead of a quick heavy down pour a slow and steady drizzle or slightly heavier is best to re-saturate the ground...... too fast = flash flood. sure a bit goes where its needed, but the greater amount is just washed away)

Good point! The 64 ounces of water a day is a good general rule, but it doesn't necessarily meet everyone's needs. I, too, have heard (on fitness websites) that you estimate your water needs by dividing your weight in half and then multiply that number by 0.8, since 20% of your water needs come from food. I currently weigh 133#, so my needs are (133)/2 = 66.5 * 0.8 = ~53 ounces. When I was drinking the 64 ounces suggested, water was practically leaking out of my eyes! :lol:

Patty47200
Fri, Dec-05-08, 21:32
I lost 13 pounds in the first two weeks. I agree it was mostly water but it sure felt good to see the scale go down.

hopechange
Wed, Dec-17-08, 13:09
Or very little - (Oct. of this year) but I kept going and have lost 8 pounds so far. I take Thyroid meds, so the slow loss was no surprise to me. I will keep going and going.

Its ok that the big loss is "just water". A dear friend's cardiologist told her that most Americans carry about about 10 lbs extra water weight due to our high sodium diets. So let it go and good riddance to it.