PDA

View Full Version : Any room for me?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MorphingMe
Wed, Mar-22-06, 14:58
I've been lurking for a while but, finally decided to register. I've been on south beach for about a month and am mostly still doing phase 1. I'm trying to come to grips with having to move to phase 2 but, I'm afraid I'll just stop losing weight so I've stuck mostly with phase one so far. :wave:

jodinicole
Wed, Mar-22-06, 16:26
Welcome!!!! :wave:

I know how you feel about moving on to the next phase. It was a huge deal to me because I was so afraid to leave the comfort of phase one. I was able to do it, and after the first week of it, it felt good.

I will tell you that when I started phase 2 the first time I cheated. I started off with the pre-packaged south beach crackers, and the cravings kicked in big time. The day after my daughter's birthday I had 2 pieces of cake and finished of a bag of small candy bars.

I went back to phase one for a week, and am now doing phase two without a problem. It is important to learn which foods trigger those cravings and which ones satisfy you. I learned that startchy crackers, breads, oatmeal and cookies still trigger me big time. So I am eating a serving of fruit and maybe moving on to those other items once most I reach 170...

Just remember once you get to phase 2- start small. Have a serving of low sugar fruits like berries and then move up. If something triggers a craving for you stop eating it for now. It is a trial and error thing I have found! Good luck!!!

MorphingMe
Wed, Mar-22-06, 16:57
Thanks for the warm welcome! You have given me hope about phase 2!

Judynyc
Wed, Mar-22-06, 17:11
Thanks for the warm welcome! You have given me hope about phase 2!

Of course there is room for you!!! Silly girl!! :lol:

If you want to read a bit about how I did phase II, click on the success button in the bottom of my post and read my success story, especially page 3...thats where I talk about phase II. :agree: :D

It is very important to move onto phase II!! Have a piece of fruit but do not hold back!! :idea: :D

skippie
Wed, Mar-22-06, 20:14
Welcome to the Beach,
There is always room here!!!! The more the merrier. :agree:
I think you have already recieve great advise about phase 2. You can do just start out slow. :thup:

Marieanne
Thu, Mar-23-06, 07:43
Welcome!!!! :wave:

I know how you feel about moving on to the next phase. It was a huge deal to me because I was so afraid to leave the comfort of phase one. I was able to do it, and after the first week of it, it felt good.

I will tell you that when I started phase 2 the first time I cheated. I started off with the pre-packaged south beach crackers, and the cravings kicked in big time. The day after my daughter's birthday I had 2 pieces of cake and finished of a bag of small candy bars.

I went back to phase one for a week, and am now doing phase two without a problem. It is important to learn which foods trigger those cravings and which ones satisfy you. I learned that startchy crackers, breads, oatmeal and cookies still trigger me big time. So I am eating a serving of fruit and maybe moving on to those other items once most I reach 170...

Just remember once you get to phase 2- start small. Have a serving of low sugar fruits like berries and then move up. If something triggers a craving for you stop eating it for now. It is a trial and error thing I have found! Good luck!!!

Jodi...great advice! ;)

I'm new here too and am on Day 4 of Phase 1. I've been thinking a lot about phase II also and have been worried, but I think trial and error, as Jodi said is the key. It's nice to have another "newbie" aboard...we can do this together!!! :)

foxgluvs
Thu, Mar-23-06, 10:40
Yeah I had problems with the moving bit too, but all I can tell ya, is that the extra stuff alowed on Phase II actually helps with the weight loss.....go for it, what do you have to lose? If you find you're gaining, yell for help at the beach babes thread, we'll soon sort you out ;)

MorphingMe
Thu, Mar-23-06, 11:50
You guys are great! Thanks for such a warm welcome! I am planning to try just one thing every other day or so and really take it slow. I tend to gain really quickly when I reintroduce carbs so I keep going back to phase 1. I'm hoping doing it really slow and just one thing at a time I'll be able to track what sets off the gain.