PDA

View Full Version : SBD Phase 1

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kellier43
Sun, Mar-12-06, 10:14
I started on 3/7/2006 and am really bored with the food optoins already. I will say my cravings for food have decreased and I feel more energetic. Does anyone have any good recipes for phase 1? I am also having a very hard time giving up my sugar free low carb non-dairy creamer for my coffee. Do you think it is ok to have this in phase 1? Thanks, Kellie

foxgluvs
Thu, Mar-16-06, 05:41
Hi Kellie, I'm sorry i didn't notice your post earlier. I'm not sure about the creamer for sure, but why don't you post this question over in the beach babes thread? Someone there is bound to know. Click on the picture of the beach to get to the thread and ask away, I'm sure someone will be able to help you :)

thirteenlb
Thu, Mar-16-06, 06:44
I got the advice from some longtime SBers that tweaking (slightly modifying your diet to meet your preferences is ok ONCE IN A WHILE). My 'tweak' has been using regular butter-- I can't stomach the fake stuff.

If you're only using, say, a teaspoonful per morning, it probably can't hurt...Judynyc uses real creamer, and she lost 118 lbs on SB.

skippie
Thu, Mar-16-06, 07:10
Well I can be very honest I love SB because I can eat what I like. And I've done really well making my lifestyle change to SB.
Here is how I figure in my extras.

SF/LC (coffee mate flavor creamer) I use the serving size listed and have 2 cups of decafe coffee and 2 servings of the flavor creamer, then count it as my sweet treat for the day. I don't have this everyday, but 1-2 times a week or less. So if you feel the need to have this everyday, figure in the cal count and add it up the 75 cal per day for sweet treats. So if its less than daily allowance you can have that sf fudgesicle or other treat too.

Real butter, I count as my fat serving. When I use it and again not everyday.

So my extra's I just try and figure into my daily allowance.

I hope this helps you. Just watch the serving sizes and measure as you might be using more than you think. I have a little shot glass that has teaspoon-tablespoon measures on it so it works really well.

Judynyc
Thu, Mar-16-06, 08:42
Judynyc uses real creamer, and she lost 118 lbs on SB.

Actually, I use fat free half and half in my coffee. :D

cre8tivgrl
Thu, Mar-16-06, 11:55
Depending on the flavor of creamer you are using, there are other options. Besides the SF syrups you can add a little almond or vanilla extract (it takes very, very little) or my personal favorite: sprinkle cinnamon in the coffee grounds before you brew it. Doing this plus the fat free half and half tastes just like the cinnamon flavored Coffeemate.

thirteenlb
Thu, Mar-16-06, 13:28
Ooops, sorry Judy-- didn't mean to misrepresent you!

Judynyc
Thu, Mar-16-06, 14:50
Ooops, sorry Judy-- didn't mean to misrepresent you!

No problem!! ;)

miristar
Thu, Mar-16-06, 22:45
I started on 3/7/2006 and am really bored with the food optoins already.

Hi Kellie, good for you for turning to the board for help!
I will do my part and recommend both South Beach Century Club (http://sbd.shiles.com/)

and also the low carb recipes on this board too. And of course Kalyn's Kitchen (http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/) too.

Also, there are good low carb cook books out there. And plenty of frozen meals that will do in a pinch.

Personally, I like really flavorful foods, or I get bored. I'm taking care this time around to have spicy, lemony, whatever, foods to stimulate the taste buds and really satisfy me.

As you said, the cravings are decreasing as I get further from the sugary carb days.

anyway, hang in there and I hope you find one or two of my suggestions worth trying!

:)