PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 on Atkins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lauraW
Wed, Jan-02-02, 07:32
Well...

Day 1 is over..and it wasnt too bad..had some cravings in the afternoon...but got thru them. It wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be though. I figured my body would go into shock! It probably is. I think I am going to look for a high protein shake to have after the gym...any suggestions, or are Atkins shakes pretty good?

agonycat
Wed, Jan-02-02, 11:44
Two words.

Hidden carbs. Beware of protein shakes and bars due to the fact they are heavy on hidden carb counts.

letsgo
Mon, Sep-08-03, 14:43
Not just the carbs but how the affect you personally. Do you have Ketone strips? This will help. If you decide to add a bar or shake watch the stick. Maybe the first day isn't the best time. Get into the purple first! Congrats!

LadyBelle
Mon, Sep-08-03, 21:34
The shakes don't have hidden carbs. it's the bars that are bad about that.

I would suggest going 2 weeks with no shakes, bars, candies, or other sweets though. That is mainly to get over your cravings. It also resets your taste buds and suddenly things like fajitas made with bell peppers will taste extreamly sweet, and any type of dessert will just be too over poweringly sweet. After the 2 weeks of detox you can stay at induction levels of carbs, but add in shakes and nuts, kind of easing into OWL.

The Atkins shakes specificly, some like and some don't. I hate them mixed up with 2 scoops like package sugegsts. 1 scoop mixed with whole milk yogurt though makes a thick mousse like treat :)