PDA

View Full Version : Very Odd

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tomjackson
Tue, Jan-01-02, 14:40
I have been using the Atkins plan for the last 6 days. I have lost no weight at all. However, my morning glucose level has dropped 100 points (Type II diabetes). Don't get me wrong, that's really great! The drop means I don't have to switch to insulin shots as planned. But why no weight loss?

I am extremely strict with the carbos, the stuff I eat is very basic and boring. Nothing processed, no cheating. Am I just too impatient or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

EllieEats
Tue, Jan-01-02, 16:45
Hi Tom....
Are you drinking enough WATER??
I think its 64 oz a day and then another 16 oz (??) for each 25 lbs you want to lose. I'm sure someone will jump in here if I have the nubers wrong!!
WATER WATER WATER!!!! Drink til you float!! And then drink more!!!
Ellie :wave:

Natrushka
Tue, Jan-01-02, 17:33
I hate to tell you, Tom, but you're impatient ;)

Give it the full two weeks and see what's up (or down as the case may be) and of course be sure that you're following the plan as written - enough food and enough water. Eating sufficient calories and drinking enough water to flush the toxins out of your body is very important. You should be eating 10 - 12 times your body weight a day in calories to sustain basal metabolic funtions. And you need a minimum 64 oz (8 glasses) of water a day and an extra 8 oz for every 25 lbs you want to lose. The more water you can drink the better.

If you'd like, starting a Journal would also be a good idea. You can record your food and thoughts and we could offer suggestions or advice where needed.

WTG on the blood sugar; LCing really does make a huge difference in your health. It gets better as the time goes by.

Welcome to the Forum and Happy LCing,
Nat