PDA

View Full Version : Juice

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ABonDurant
Tue, Feb-21-06, 11:49
Whats the word on juice that has no sugar added? Trader Joes has several berry juices that are organic and no added sugars. Ive also seen a pomogranate juice that had an asteric that stated all sugar is natural and from the actual fruit only. Any thoughts??

skalar
Tue, Feb-21-06, 13:20
Fruit juice, even with no sugar added, is not recommended because you are still getting all of the fructose without any of the pulp (fibre)... so SB recommends eating the fruit instead of drinking juice. When you do drink juice, only veggie/tomato is recommended.

Judynyc
Tue, Feb-21-06, 15:20
Whats the word on juice that has no sugar added? Trader Joes has several berry juices that are organic and no added sugars. Ive also seen a pomogranate juice that had an asteric that stated all sugar is natural and from the actual fruit only. Any thoughts??

Because you are already below your goal weight, you can ceratinly experiment with juice that has no sugar in it......the thing is the fruit itself is so much better for various reasons.

I've tried the pomegranite juice with vodka and it was yummy!! :agree:

I'd say go slow and see how your body does. :idea: But I would not drink juice in place of eating fresh fruit.

ABonDurant
Wed, Feb-22-06, 09:13
Thanks to you both! I do eat alot of fruit but there are some fruits I enjoy the taste but cant get. Not to mention pomegranate is not the easiest thing to eat :) Ill definetely try it with vodka :yum:

skalar
Wed, Feb-22-06, 13:49
Pomegranate is one of my favourite childhood snacks. I love them! You just have to wear a shirt you don't care about. ;)