PDA

View Full Version : Snack/lunch ideas for school?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

adorkable
Thu, Feb-16-06, 10:53
What are some foods I can take into school for mid morning snack/lunchtime? Stuff I don't have to sit down and eat, stuff I can eat on the go, stuff that isn't anything abnormal, food nobody would usually notice. Induction friendly, can I add!

Would reallyyyy appreciate any ideas, urgently need some ideas for school monday morning.
Thanks!

Raileen
Fri, Feb-17-06, 06:03
I don't know if I will be any help! but I'll try haha

You could have a small can of tuna,
Some cheese maybe.. or even cut up some cucumber or whatever into sticks.. and then there are those Atkins bars.. but I'm unsure if they are allowed on induction or not!?

Pandora23
Mon, Feb-20-06, 12:54
Pepperoni, veggies, deli meat, LC yogurt. You could buy a small insulated lunchbag at walmart and stuff it in you backpack that way you can take things with you that need to stay cold.

juniejune
Mon, Feb-20-06, 13:26
Don't forget boiled eggs, cheese sticks, induction dip for you veggies, etc.

lajavableu
Wed, Mar-01-06, 08:16
nuts, salads, celery, natural peanut butter, cheese sticks, berries

icesmiler
Tue, May-09-06, 10:35
well i usually put in some cherry tomatoes,an apple,some fruits and vegs ..basically all veggies...i never have meat at school..tuna will smell too much if i put it in my bag =]

andreathed
Mon, Nov-06-06, 05:47
nuts arent allowed on induction...i checked. Cheese sticks, suagr-free jelly, celery sticks - they're all alright!

Andrea

xxStephxx
Mon, Aug-06-07, 20:32
Cheese Chips.
All you do it cut up a slice of cheese or a block of cheese and place them int he microwave for about 40 second (if you have a high powered microwave) or wait till they are puffy and slightly brown. Take them out and let them cool, and TA-DA! Cheese Chips. They taste like CheezIts!

I am in high school and I am going to take them as a snack or maybe a little side to my lunch.

Froggiebro
Mon, Aug-06-07, 20:36
I eat cubed chicken breast (grilled the night before, and cut into cubes) or rolled up deli meat, and cheddar cubes.

jcanchica
Mon, Aug-06-07, 20:37
For my snack I do deli meat roll ups. My favorite is Turkey with cheese and green onons I roll it put it in the microwave to melt so it says together.

iluvlsu
Tue, Nov-27-07, 23:56
Do not bring boiled eggs to school. When you open the container the smell will be horrific. I know it's not on induction, but I carry a bag of cashews for when the hungers really bad. The tons of fat and protein really help keep your appetite at bay. You could get an insulated food container about 10oz. It's the size of a cup so it's small but you can stick food in it - a lot of different types.

David_K
Mon, Dec-17-07, 22:45
I've been making stir-frys most days with a little bit of soy sauce, ginger, and garlic on top of beef and broccoli and cauliflower. Most of my friends always greet me opening the top of my lunch with mmmmmmmm. :lol:
I also made a stir-fry with chicken, broccoli and cauliflower except instead of any sort of sauce or anything I put paprika and cayenne pepper on and fried it up with a little tiny bit of oil and I gotta tell you, it was delicious.
Another thing I bring for lunch is Chicken marinated in some lemon juice with spices and herbs for about a day then baked. I have that with steamed broccoli and cauliflower.

There's some ideas. Not really snacks but full lunches that are quite tasty.